CHAPTER 36: What kind of creature are you?

Start from the beginning

But this? This, I have to. It was a concerned brother just adorably looking after his sister.

Did I just say adorable?

Ugh. Internal puke.

Caleb is making me all mushy and I hate that.

"It's no biggie. You tend to misunderstand a lot of things." He smirks at me and stands next to me on the booth, his eyes roaming outside the window and then swiftly returning to meet mine. The streetlight solely focuses on him as his dark hair shines and the left side of his face glows in the iridescent illumination of the bright yellow light. His black irises dance with amusement in them and I only now notice how a few brown specks surround them or it could just be the reflection of the streetlight.

Yeah, yeah, it's like I have a Ph.D. in the study of Caleb Anderson's eyes.

His mouth is set in a straight line except for the few twitches every now and then. His sharp jawline outlines his oval-shaped face, perfectly framing his intense expression currently.

"Hey, are you with me?" He snaps his fingers in front of my face and my cheeks turn red at his words. I nod and get out of the booth, my stomach grumbling embarrassingly. I just hope he didn't hear that...

"You hungry, Summer?" I glare at him as he smirks, obviously catching on to the loud monster rumbling in my tummy right now.

"Well, we are in an ice cream shop. Why not have everything to our fill?" I excitedly say as I hop over the counter and clap my hands like a kid. I don't care what Caleb has to say about that but ice cream just makes me throw caution to the wind. I cannot even begin to imagine the tons of ice cream that would be stored in the two freezers plus that little room that I haven't yet explored.

I walk towards it and push open the door, screaming after seeing all the delicacies hidden away here.

"Jackpot!"

I hear a faint chuckle and signal Caleb to enter the cool room as it is written on a board behind the door. Next to it are temperature setters which have a very low temperature set in order to keep all the ice cream here intact.

"Uh...Summer? Technically, this is stealing." Caleb mutters while looking around with a neutral expression on his face.

"Technically," I say while trailing my fingers along the huge white shelves with different containers of ice creams before turning around, "we are stuck here because of them and we are hungry." I smile, getting back to finding my favorite flavor.

"No. You are hungry."

"You don't like ice cream?" I gasp and look at him, wondering what he is made of.

"Not that I don't like it. I don't prefer it that much."

"What kind of creature are you?" I say dryly, a blank expression on my face. Who the fuck stays away from ice freaking cream?

"A normal human being and not a glutton like you."

"I love food. Bite me."

"If you insist." His smirk widens as he steps closer to me as if a predator is ready to pounce on its prey.

"Double jackpot!" I scream and Caleb winces while I flail my arms and throw my container up and down in the air.

"Mint chocolate chip, bitch!" I yell and run out of the cool room like a small child, Caleb's laugh and footsteps closely behind me. I open the small sections on the counter and fish out a scoop and a cone. Don't ask how I got that. My instincts seem to be screaming ice cream currently.