I'm still standing

Start from the beginning

"Look pot -quills," said Shadow irritated. "Let's get something straight, my life is mine and it's none of your business."

"Ok, sheesh..."

"Amy is it?" Amy nodded at Blaze. "Look, we might not know what it's like having threats thrown at you trying to cut you down, but we know we will help you to keep standing. Just look at Shadow"

"Yea..." Amy smiled lightly. "Oh! By the way, Shadow? Will you take me to my room today?"

"That would be a good idea, we could even take turns taking her to her room, not only because it is hard for her to see, but because some people liked to find ways to pick at her," advised Blaze wisely.

"It would be my pleasure"

"Thanks!"

She left, Silver being the one going with her. They had the same classes so there was no need to worry, plus he and Amy were like siblings. When the classes were finished Silver walked Amy towards Shadow.

"Arent you coming?" asked Amy.

"No, actually, I'm getting the hell outta here before sunset!" said Silver. "That side of the school is haunted"

"Allow the school's top student and junior Psychic researcher to explain"

"For fucks sake Blaze! Stop doing that" said Shadow hugging Amy protectively when he heard the cat's voice.

"I'm sorry, we didn't scare you, did we?" another voice, Shadow was getting tired of this.

"What do you want Knucklehead!?"

"There is no need to apologize," said Amy letting go of Shadow as she tried to defuse the situation. "By the way, I'm Amy Rose!"

"Rose?"

"She is in Silver's class" explained Blaze. "Let's go"

"I..."

"Come on, you're coming too" Shadow was going to make SIlver suffer, and if scaring him shitless would do the trick, he was all for it.

"Don't worry Amy, we are all right with you" said Blaze with a small smile.

"You guys are so brave!"

"Aw...thanks!" said Silver and Knuckles at the same time.

"HaveyouacceptedTikalasyourpersonalsavior?"

"No, nobody wants to be in your cult," said Shadow. They walked through the vacant halls towards the dorm rooms.

"I just wanted to make sure that she was saved and knew of the sacrifice done by Tikal to Chaos!" justified Knuckles. "Ever since I did, I have had the gifts of the sensibility the possessed. I can even sense this place is haunted by its dark chaos energy. As a matter of fact, I sense something very evil right now!"

That was when they turned the corner they saw three furry big things growling. All of them screamed the creatures froze, Amy looked out the window. Shadow noticed that the moon was full as well, but why did it seem important to Amy?

"It's ok, we won't hurt you," said Amy gently.

"What the fuck are you doing!" whisper/yelled Silver.

"Wait, it's working" whispered Blaze. Shadow ground his teeth.

"Please, just let us through..." Shadow was ready to strike when he saw them stand up, towering over the pink hedgehog. Yet, instead of pouncing, they ran off.

"Great job, it's been a while since I have seen a dark chaos tamer!" said Knuckles with a grin.

"h don't pretend, you are also scared shitless!" exclaimed Silver.

"W-Well! I knew our savior Tikal would help us with her abilities and see, she made Amy a tamer."

"I need t ivestigete more.

"Just go away!" Shadow was already irritated, the other three nodded and left the two alone to continue their journey.

"I owe you a lot Shadow," said Amy with a shy smile. "I mean, I caused your break up after all..."

"It wasn't your fault...I was drunk, and I should have been in control of myself" sighed shadow.

"It's been a while since that party, huh?"

"Let's not talk about it..." pleaded Shadow."How did you know what to do with those monsters?"

"This isn't the first time I see them, back when I was little, I met them. They were my friends," she answered, she seemed not to want to speak about it, Shadow wondered if she had promised not to. "By the way, sorry to go back to the party but..that kiss, I mean, the one you gave me when drunk, it was an accident, but to me..." Amy shook her head. "Forget it, I'm tired."

Shadow wanted to ask more, but she had already unlocked her door and gone into her dorm. Shadow sighed.

"If only you knew, that because of you...I'm still standing"