Oh! Am I Interrupting Something?

Start from the beginning

"My son, have you seen," Frigga says as she walks into the fireplace area. Loki and I look up at her as her eyes widen slightly in surprise upon seeing us together.
"Oh! Am I interrupting something?" Frigga asks with a sly smile.

Loki smiles after seeing his mother and stands, moving around the couch to kiss his mother on the cheek.

"Of course not mother. Rayna and I simply ran into each other by accident as a worker instructed her here. We've been reading the books from the Madgrid collection." He explains. She nods in understanding.

"Ah, I see. Well I have come to fetch you for dinner and ask if you have seen my new apprentice." She explains herself.

"Apprentice? For what if I may ask?" He says, looking between the two of us. Frigga laughs lightly.

"Magic of course, darling." Loki turns to me with contained surprise.

"You can do magic?" He asks. I nod, standing up myself and walking over to join them. I smile up at Loki.

"Watch." I say to them quietly. I turn their attention to the fireplace and within it I shape the fire into people. Dancing, the man twirling, lifting, and stepping along with the girl as they danced to a room with no music.

"Marvelous." I heard Loki whisper. I soon let the flame die out as I looked up to Loki.

"That's my magic. I'm studying under Frigga in hopes of learning more." I lie easily. It's easier to lie to someone you don't exactly trust. He nods.

"Your magic is beautiful. Perhaps one day I can show you mine." He offers. Frigga seems to think nothing of it but worry builds in the pit of my stomach. What exactly does he mean by that..?

"We should head down now. They are, after all, waiting for us." Frigga smiles. The two walk ahead and my eyes immediately narrow as I watch Loki walk away. How would he show me his magic?

Frigga and Loki lead me to their dining hall and my jaw drops upon seeing it. Large golden walls, long brown wooden tables. It was simple but not simple at the same time, it was obviously something hard to explain. Frigga walks ahead of both of us and grazes her hand along the back of Odin as we reach him at a table.

"We are sorry to have kept the feast from starting." Frigga apologizes.

"Oh, it's quite alright." Odin says, not bothering to greet me or surprisingly Loki.

The doors burst open not far after. We all turn and see Thor leading his usual group into the hall.

"AH, Father!" Thor greets, walking towards us.

I jump back as Odin briskly walks past me and over to Thor with a clap on his shoulder.

"Thor, my son, how nice of you to be able to join us." He speaks warmly. Frigga also walks past Loki and I to greet her other son.

I look over at Loki and see just how drawn away from his family is. How clear Odin shows his favoritism. Loki moves his gaze from his family to the floor.

I sigh, knowing that the Loki I know doesn't deserve my sympathy or even my pity; but I can't help it. I place a comforting hand on his forearm, making his head shoot up to look at me. I give him a sad smile and he mirror's it.

"Now that your finally here, we can begin." Odin declares joyfully. The three of them move to sit down at the table. I hear Loki inhale sharply before moving his arm up and lacing his fingers between my own. I become tense but don't let it bother me as I guide him to sit down next to Frigga before I sit on the other side of him.

Thor's group of warriors sit along the other side of the table. Thor bends forward to look at me.

"Miss. Rayna, I would like to formally introduce you to all of my friends." I lean forward as well to politely nod. He motions towards the only girl who sit directly across from him.
"This, is Lady Sif." She doesn't say anything but merely glares at me again.
Next, Thor motions to an Asgardian with long black hair and thin eyes.
"This, is Hogun." The man looks over at me.

"A pleasure." He says formally. I can only nod. This feels a lot more awkward than it should be. Thor continues, motioning towards a man with blonde floppy hair and a short beard.

"This, is Fandral, who you have talked to before." Thor explains. Oh, yes, the man who questioned if I was really Asgardian. Well I'm not, but who is he to question my intentions. He doesn't know me! I could be a good honest person... granted, I'm not. But that doesn't matter. Fandral smiles widely at me.

"Sorry about before, it's just swell to meet you." He greets. Thor finally motions over to a large man with long red curly hair and an even longer beard.

"And finally, Volstagg." Thor states with a wide and happy smile. Volstagg, seeming to be the happiest of the group, bends over the table- - shaking the entire table, to only grab my hand between his own and shake it; the surprise making Loki jump backwards in his seat.

"Lovely meeting you." He says, his mouth currently filled with some type of meat that had been too chewed to identify.

"Pleasure." I respond, hoping the distaste isn't too clear in my voice.

"Vile, impolite loaf of..." I hear Loki mutter. I quickly elbow his side. He hisses from the sudden pain and looks over at me accusingly as he holds it.

"Don't be crude." I whisper. He flashes me a small smile before getting back to his food.

'Maybe I can make him nice' I think smugly as I start digging into my own food. Whatever it is...