LYAE Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Wow, my matching day is already today.

I've never been more nervous in my life because today is the day that I'm going to figure out how the rest of my life will go.

My mom zipped up the back of my fancy red dress.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I look so different with makeup on.

I never really wear makeup because I just stay home all day everyday.

But I gotta say, my mom did a very good job with it.

I suddenly see her looking at me through the mirror.

"Don't worry, Amanda, your going to be okay" she said smiling.

"Thanks mom, for everything" I said as I turned around and kissed her cheek.

"Your welcome sweety" she said as she walked out of my room.

I went over to my closet and slipped on my shiny black high heels.

I walked over to my mirror one last time and smiled.

Everything will be okay.

~~~~~

"Welcome to the Matched program! Today all the young adults here will be paired up randomly by any other younger adult in this room. Just a little side note, there is NO changing your partners after you receive one. We may get started!" The man said up on stage.

Everyone started clapping and I clapped along.

Once the clapping dialed down, the big screen in front of all of us flashed.

Many different faces flashed on the screen in a fast motion until it stopped on one boy. "Xander Carrow" the speakers said.

Then, it continued flashing for a few seconds and it stopped on a girl. "Cassia Reyes" the speakers announced.

Then the number "2" came up on the screen, meaning the next couple will be paired up.

I patiently waited to see my face show up on the screen.

I played with the bracelets on my wrists that my mom gave me to wear.

"Ross Lynch" the speakers said.

I knew that kid, I used to go to school with him.

I never really talked to him, the only time we actually talked was when we were paired up for the science excitement together when we were sophomores in high school.

I looked down at my bracelets that I kept playing with and then suddenly I hear "Amanda Pener"

My heart stopped for a split second.

I looked up and I see my face up on the screen.

No, this can't be happening.

----------------------------------------------

hey everyone! I hoped you all liked this chapter, I got anxious writing it myself haha

I also mentioned the characters Xander and Cassia from the book "Matched" where I got this idea from :)

the next chapter will be up soon! hope you enjoy it! :) -Monica