Benyamin:

Me and Sarah always had weird conversation now and then, basically we barely ever talked.  Don't get me wrong, I am a pretty social person but when it comes to my wife... my tongue gets in a twist and I end up croaking like a frog. Not the sarcasm. 

I guess my brother was doing much better than me in his married life. 

"Hey Sarah, where's Hajara?" I entered the kitchen drinking from a juice box. Sarah was clattering away with Allah knows what while I looked around for my beloved cousin. Hajara was my only understanding and sweet cousin, she mattered a lot in my life.

"She's sick." Sarah replied bluntly. 

I raised my eyebrow, "Like what headache, fever, does she need to go to the doctor?"

"Ugh. Non of your business, her husband is already taking care of her."  She muttered silently cleaning up the kitchen and puting the leftovers in the fridge. 

"Are you upset?" I looked at her intently, gesturing at her curt sentences. "Well let me take care of you then?" I said with a mischievous grin. Wow, a pat in the back for courage!

"Shut up, I don't need boys to take care of me, I am an independent woman." She said carelessly making her way up the stairs, I followed her to her room anyways. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I have nothing to do now so why not just annoy her, I'll be living with her for the rest of my life anyway.

"Eww man, what the hell are you doing here in my room?" She yelled in terror as if I am going to do something to her. 

"Come on I am trying to make a friend here, my brother is sleeping with his wife why can't I?" I made a crying face.

"Well his wife accepts him but I don't." She said rudely trying to slam the door on the face.

"Oww that hurts." I said pretending to be offended by her words. I started leaving her room when suddenly she jumped on me putting her arms around my waist. I was startled by her sudden behaviour but I replied back by hugging her tight. Looks like she does have feelings for me!

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I just mean I'm not ready to stay with you now in the same room. I'm only sixteen for god's sake." She muttered. I lifted her chin up and kissed her on her lips which surprised both of us. I guess this night is full of surprises!

Man, when did my courage reach the highest peaks?

"I just wanted to spend some time with you cause I'm bored and it's like only ten and since my brother is not here, I was thinking let's watch a movies together." I suggested, running my hands through my hair. 

She smiled and jumped on her bed, tapping the empty space beside her gesturing for me to sit. I made myself comfortable beside her and together we watched a movie. Sarah fell asleep on my shoulders and her scarf fell open revealing her beautiful brown hair. I ran my hands through her silky soft tresses and softly placed a kiss on her lips.

 I fell asleep beside her knowing that for now I am her only protector after Allah in this house. She was my wife after all, and the mother of my  future kids inshallah (if god wills).

***************************************

"AHHHHH!" Someone screamed jolting me awake. Sarah. What happened to her?

I quickly jumped of the bed. Yeah that was a bad idea, I ended up landing on my butt on the cold hard wooden floor. That hurts like hell! 

That's when everything came back, I freaking fell asleep with Sarah last night. She'll kill me!