Fireflies

Yuuri x reader

     In the early afternoon, Yuuri took you to an empty field. A small breeze blew through you hair as you took in the scene before you. Red, blue, and purple flowers sprouted from the ground. Your boyfriend laid a yellow plaid blanket on the soft grass and placed a picnic basket on the ground.

    You walked over to him with a smile plastered on your face. "Yuuri... whats all of this for?" He turned towards you and wrapped his arms around your waist. "I just wanted to show you how much you mean to me." He hugged you tightly. After letting you go, he unpacked the basket. Geez he went all out!   Yuuri pulled out two bowls of katsudon,  a platter of fruit, a bottle of your favorite wine, and two glasses. While you were off picking some flowers Yuuri put a small box in his jacket. 

    "Hey look! I found some roses." You went over to him and showed him the hand full of flowers. He smiled at you and took one, clipped the thorns, and put it in you hair. A small blush spread across your face. He leaned in and gave you a kiss. "I love you." You said as your hand slid down his chest. He lifted your head and looked at you. "What?" Your blush deepened as his chocolate eyes looked into yours. "I love you too."

      He let you go and looked into the sky then checked his phone. "Its almost time." You both sat on the blanket and waited. All you could hear was the bug chirps. After a while you broke the silence. "What are we waiting for?" you whispered. "That." he pointed to a little floating light in the sky. "Fireflies!" You turned towards him and dragged him over to it. 

    Slowly, more and more fireflies came out. The whole field was lit up by the tiny critters. While you were busy playing with the fireflies, Yuuri got the little box out of his pocket and made sure everything was good. "y/n." You turned around after hearing your name. To your surprise Yuuri was holding a little black box. He opened the box and revealed a ring. 

   "I know your probably thinking millions of things right now, but, I wanted to show you just how important you are to me. This is a promise ring," He gestured to the rose gold ring with a flower on it and a diamond in the center. "This is my promise to you that I will never leave even if things get rough. This symbolizes the strong bond between us. It is a placement holder for your wedding ring."

     He held his hand out so he could put it on your finger. You placed your hand in his. It fit perfectly. Yuuri pulled you close. "I love you y/n, and im never letting you go." You shared a passionate kiss. "I love you too Yuuri." He wiped the tears from your face. You both sat down and ate while watching the sky, enjoying each others company.