Ellie's eyes softened entirely as she found herself swallowed whole by the crystal caves of his irises as she hesitantly snaked her arms around his torso, whispering, "Well, then we better make sure to find our daughter."

  "Believe me..." Daryl whispered huskily, allowing just arms to fold around Ellie's small frame as he held her close, "I'll do anythin' to get her back."

  Glenn awkwardly cleared his throat during the moment, flashing the two a grin of embarrassment as he gesture toward the exit, stumbling over his feet on his way out. The two broadcasted soft chuckles as they observed him slamming the door behind him, finally, allowing the two stand alone in silence.

  Daryl tucked his hand graciously around Ellie's curves, holding her close as she rested her head against his chest that had barely contained his thumping heart. She slowly snaked her fingers up his chest, drawing goosebumps across his skin as she trailed it upward, lingering across his chest and neck as it journeyed up to the sharpness of his jaw.

  Ellie's hand tucked gently against his cheek, cupping it lovingly as she gazed into his nervous eyes. Her lips curled into a devious smirk at his anxiousness, but merely shifted her lips slowly to connect with his. Daryl's heart leapt into his throat at their connection, feeling the love that her fingertips had been leaving behind.

  As she drew her lips away, Daryl found himself blinking repeatedly, unable to fathom how such a dull man as he deserved such a wondrous woman as Ellie. She slowly twisted her lips into a toothy grin, searching his eyes for the eagerness he once displayed so openly.

  "I'm sorry for how I reacted," Ellie declared softly, tugging Daryl toward the bed as she assisted him in sitting beside her, "I blamed you for not taking care of her, but I know it isn't your fault."

  "I–I didn't know..." Daryl muttered, overcome with a crippling anxiety that almost forbade him to speak, condemning his speech to a mere squeak, "I didn't think it would be this hard. I don't exactly got a good role model for this. I wanna be... good."

  Ellie's lips formed into a dazzling smile as she clutched his hand close, squeezing it gently in reassurance as she announced, "I know you can be." Daryl's eyes instantly fluttered a distinct uncertainty, allowing his mind to draw comparisons of his own father. Ellie recognised his concern, and pulled him closer, "You are nothing like him."

  "I'm tryin' not to be," Daryl noted hoarsely, allowing his forehead to lean against Ellie's gently, simply basking in the adoration. Their moment was not to last as raised voices outside arose their suspicion, prompting them to leave hastily.

  "Shane, tell her to let me keep one!" Carl moaned loudly to the man, whining as usual as his mother had enforced such rules that he disagreed with.

  He formed a gun in his fingers, jokingly shooting it at Ellie and Daryl as the lingered in the background.

  "Hey, man. Go give them all to Dale! Go, now! Go," Shane snapped, a lot harsher than he had intended, though the antagonising memories never ceased to torment his loud mind.

  With Carl's heart as heavy as his rushing footsteps, Lori sneered bitterly at Shane, harshly questioning, "What was that?"

  "What was what?" Shane asked, his tone void of any emotion, as were his vacant, preoccupied eyes.

  It hadn't been hard to spot that Shane had been distressed by the unraveling turmoil, seemingly done with the consistent pain Lori had been putting him through.