Chapter 17

*Leo's POV*

He was my neighbor it seems, literally house across the street from mine but I didn't tell him that. I texted my mother to let her know I was across the street making friends and would be home in a few hours. A simple response reminding me that I have school the next day and to be safe was all she needed to say. I wasn't sure how many drinks I had. The room wasn't quite spinning, but I felt like I was floating. I've had a drink or two, but never this many. It was my first time being drunk, and honestly, I didn't mind it at all.

He had already taken my phone and added his number to it, also asked that I put my keys on the counter by the door to make sure I wasn't going to be drinking and driving, which I happily obliged. We sat together but at opposite ends on his sofa, watching tv, drinking, laughing, talking. He never once made an action towards me. No sexual comments, nothing. I wasn't sure if he really was gay. If he was interested at all. I wanted to take a chance. If I was going to be in control, I needed to act like I was. Getting up to make myself another drink I asked if he needed a refill.

Saying this next one would be his last, he smiled and handed his cup over. He seemed to be even more attractive than before. Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the lighting. He was older than me, at least in his early thirties, but something about that made him more attractive. I was going to be eighteen in a few weeks anyway. Fixing the same drink from the bar, I found out it was a simple spiced rum and Coke but wasn't sure how much to pour of each.

Figuring about half way would be good I mixed his drink first and brought it to him. Taking a small sip, he immediately recoiled and asked how much rum I put in there. Letting him know he let out a hearty laugh and stated he wouldn't be able to finish all of this and get to work the next day, instead offering to share it with me. Smiling and accepting the offer, I brought my cup over to him and took a seat closer on the sofa. Close enough that our legs were touching. He was dressed pretty similarly to me, wearing a simple pair of light blue jeans that sat fairly loose against his skin, and a gray shirt with three buttons, the top two undone showing a small patch of chest fair that reflected slightly in the light.

I watched him carefully pour half of the drink into my cup, the sit back, and lean into the sofa. Following suit after taking what became a much stronger drink than I realized, I leaned my body against his a little bit, taking in the warmth and his cologne. Looking down he smiled and put his other arm around me, pulling me a bit closer. I felt comfortable, relaxed, like I was still in control despite the fact that he was currently holding me. There was no pressure, nothing that made me feel as though something could go wrong.

I decided to take a chance. Just go for it. Leaning upwards, I pressed my lips against his, taking in his taste, his feel. He was tense at first, probably caught off guard, but relaxed quickly afterwards and wrapped his other arm around me, pulling my lips harder against his. Slowly he slid his tongue inside of my mouth, pulling me over to straddle his lap while his hands slowly caressed up and down my chest.

Pulling myself from him and smiling, I sheepishly said thank you, to which he raised an eyebrow once again in curiosity.

"Thank you for being the one to initiate. I was beginning to think you weren't interested."

His voice was smooth and soft, despite have a deep undertone. Not sure how he could think I wasn't interested, he was very handsome, kind, and just seemed like an overall good person. That could be the alcohol making me think all these great things about him, but I just felt like they were true.

Smiling once more as our lips locked again, I felt an overwhelming rush of satisfaction. I did it. I chose my first real kiss, it wasn't some extravagant kiss in the rain, but was still pretty damn great. The thing that made it perfect, was it was my choice. I got to do what I wanted with my body without the choice being taken from me.