9

For the rest of the week, the rumor about Tobias and I stayed relevent. Which meant that everyday, anytime we were seen together at least one person would make a comment about Tobias and I fucking. Fortunately, he and I were able to brush it off and ignore it by now.

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Hey guys, what's up?"

"Nothing much, we're going to the ditch right now, you wanna come?" Linde offered.

"Do you guys ever stay a full day in school?" I chuckled.

They all looked at eachother and shrugged.

"Heh, alright let's go."

~~

As we all got off the car we were greeted by some familiar faces. That's when I noticed one person in particular sitting bitterly in the corner.

"Hey, so what is it that you've been telling people?" I asked as I approached Sarah.

"What?" Sarah smirked.

"About what happened at Linde's party, why are you lying to people?"

"Hm, I don't know what you're talking about." Sarah said sarcastically and gave the most smug look I had ever seen on someone's face.

All I remember was the amount of rage I felt boiling inside me, then in the blink of an eye my fist collided with the side of her face. The next thing I knew, Sarah was sat on the ground holding her cheek.

As soon as it happened everyone came running over to us. A few people gathered around Sarah to check on her while Tobias and Alex took me away.

"What happened?" Alex asked, sounding surprised.

"The guys that first came up to me about the rumor told me that Sarah had started the whole thing. Then she had the audacity to lie to my face with that stupid smug grin of hers."

"Hey, hey, calm down." Tobias said while pulling me into a hug "come on, let's go for a walk over here and get you to cool off, okay?"

He told Alex that we'd be right back and then led me over to a small path leading into the wooded area right by the ditch.

After a few minutes of walking, we stepped into a small field in front of a river.

We sat down near the water and just stared into the stream for a little while until Tobias cleared his throat to break the silence.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yeah, I think I'm good."

"Okay, good. So what all happened?"

"I confronted her about the rumor and she said she didn't know what I was talking about. But she did, that obnoxious smile she gave spoke volumes."

"I get why you're upset, but you can't let her get to you because that's exactly what she wants."

"Yeah I know, but I just lost my cool. I've never gotten that angry before in my life."

"I understand. Look, if it makes you feel any better, this rumor backfired on her."

"How?"

"Because, the reason she started it was to make things awkward between us so we would stop being friends."

"I know it's stupid but when I first found out about what had been said I was worried because I thought it would get to you and you'd feel weird around me. I guess that's why it made me so angry." I admitted.

"I could never feel weird around you, we're both weird that's why we're such good friends." He joked "but I mean, there are worse rumors that could've been spread, y'know?"