Loss | 14

"What did you see?" I heard the voice of my father say from behind me, I was smiling. "I saw my younger self."

Dad giggled in the background. "You were such a cute kid."

"I know right." I said not taking my eyes off what had been there, my smile faded on my young face and I sighed. "Dad."

"Yeah sweetie?"

I turned around and my eyes had changed, my skin had changed and my nails had changed into the same black sharp claws as before, my hair slowly faded into black.

"What am I?"

"You're you." he said, he wasn't faced by this anymore. I guess he had seen it too many times, black tears started running down my eyes. "I don't know how to keep it up anymore."

"What do you mean Lu?"

"Jamie's parents told me there is a way to cure me of this curse." his face brightened up for me, he hugged me. "I take that it as there is more to it."

I nodded.

"I have to go back to that house."

"Nobody understands, I can't go back there. That's my biggest fear." he patted my head and comforted me, he was so warm and I felt so cold. "Is it you that don't want to go back there, or the curse?"

I paused, could he be right, was the curse controlling me that much?

Right there and then I got a text on my phone, I felt my body growing warmer and that must have meant I changed back, I took a look at the text I got, it was Jamie.

"Talk?" it read, I smiled at the thought of getting to see her, my father noticed and he patted my head again. "You go have fun."

I ran toward the door and right before I left I glanced back. "Hey dad?"

My father smiled over at me. "Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you two Lu." he said leaving a tear on his cheek as I left the house.

-

Jamie sat by the school bench, there is like 2 hours until school starts so it is sort of odd for her to call me here this early. "Don't you wanna sleep?"

Jamie chuckled. "Sleep? Hell no, not after what I saw last night."

I giggled. "You'll get used to it."

"You mean that wasn't the last?" she said firmly but annoyed, I laughed. "Maybe, who knows."

-

"Okay, today we're gonna speak about physic--" the teacher was interrupted by the school speaker, it was loud and echoed through the entire school.

"Everyone head to their homerooms and don't make a sound, I repeat." it repeated the same thing, it was the principal speaking through the speaker system in his main office.

Suddenly he was cut off away from the microphone mid-sentence, everyone remained in silence as they heard him struggling to breath through the microphone, like he was being strangled; the scariest thing was that our classroom was right next to the main office.

Max looked more afraid than anybody else, he was shaking more than I had seen anyone do before.

The teacher locked the only entrance to the room and she made a motion with her hands, showing us all that if something happened we'd exit through the windows.

I wasn't scared, I knew whatever was there was nothing compared to what I had experienced before, or was I wrong?

Everyone was on the floor under their benches, I was in the back of the classroom next to Jamie's bench, she looked frozen in place, she were hugging herself just like Max was.