Pilot | 01

An eerie silence echoed through the house at the end of Yellow Brooke Street, the wind outside slammed toward the wooden walls making a whistle inside the house from the cracked windows; the front door made a thud each time it slammed toward the wall and the screams from the dead gave the house an uneasiness to it.

I stood before the house, while my friends were excited to do the exact opposite of what our parents told us to; I was not. I trusted my mother when she told us to never get close to this place.

"You guys ready?" Diana said with a joyful tone in her voice, I stuttered. "No.." the fear in my voice was quickly picked up on.

Dan glanced at me and chuckled. "Really? It's just a house."

"It's a haunted house." I said nervously.

"Maybe we should trust our parents on this, they told us that it isn't safe for a reason."

"You wimp." Diana joked, she wasn't serious; it was just to get me with them and of course she knew that it would work. "It's fine if you don't want to Luna." Lucas said, at least he was cool about it.

"I-I'm not a wimp!" I stumbled on my words.

"Yey!" Diana said happily and rushed toward me with her arms open. "I'll buy you McDonalds after this."

I hugged her, even though I wasn't happy.

I looked at the time.

12.20am

-

Cobwebs covered the rotten walls, spiders crawled from one web to another taking ahold of their prey that were caught in the giant spiderwebs.

The house was dark, even darker than outside. It gave out a cold aura, maybe it was just the freaky stories that were told about this place; or something worse?

A long time ago a couple lived here with their two month old baby, it was cute, adorable and most of all; everything the couple had dreamed for.

The ladies mother did not like the child; she thought it was ugly and a disgrace to the family.

She did not see God in this thing her daughter called a grandchild.

The mother entered the couples house at the middle of the night and tip-toed into the babies bedroom, she held a knife that she had made with her own hands and slaughtered the baby in its own bed by stabbing it three times in the chest; the head and last the throat..

Her daughter had seen the whole thing, she took the knife from her mother's hand and stabbed her with it; three times in the chest, in the head and last of all the throat. Her husband had just entered, he saw it all; he was full of grief and so was the young mother, also confused of how his wife could do something like that to herself.

She pulled the same blood-covered knife into her chest; the husband called the police soon after and died in the house right next to the same knife that his wife and his child had been killed by, three times in the chest; the head and the throat. This knife was inside an evidence locker at the police station right until the moment he died.

Legend says they still roam the cold rotten halls of Yellow Brooke House.

Lucas grabbed me by the shoulders, I jumped and gave out a low pitch scream. He laughed, I looked back at him. "Don't do that!" I hit him on the shoulder.

Then we all heard something, a scream similar to mine echoed from the second floor; we all paused in place in complete silence until Dan spoke. "It was probably just an echo."

Followed by the low pitch scream was the cry of a woman, it came from upstairs; where the babies bedroom was.

The air got cold, all that could be heard was that terrifying weeping from up the rotten stairs.

"Maybe we should go." Lucas said and turned around, the thuds from the door stopped and became one big thud when it slammed close

Lucas ran toward the door, trying to open it but nothing he tried worked.

Diana tried to come closer to us but was instead thrusted to the ground and dragged up the stairs while screaming for help.

Dan came up and hugged me close; we looked back toward Lucas but he was gone.

We could hear the cries of Lucas and Diana from up the stairs.

Then I looked at Dan, we were both in shock; to scared to say anything. Until I quoted. "Those who enter the house of Yellow Brooke, will either be caught and trapped in the child bedroom, or released with a horrifying curse upon them for all eternity."

The door opened as I said that and the cries of Diana and Lucas stopped.

Dan ran outside, leaving me behind while I glanced up at the stairs.

"You owe me McDonalds."

I took a deep breath and headed up the stairs, quickly with my phone flashlight lighting the path. I busted open the bedroom door to find nothing remaining but Diana's blood-covered crucifix necklace.

Right next to a similar blood-covered knife.

---

one year

---

I sat in the back of the classroom, the teacher was rambling on about math; I sat trying to listen. But the cries of Diana and Lucas were still stuck in my head like glue.

The bell took me out of my flashbacks, students flooded out of the classroom and I stood up; grabbing my stuff. "Luna?" the teacher asked, I took off my black hoodie. "Yes M'am?" I turned to her, my eyes were tired but the clear light blue color still stuck beautifully to my eyes.

All my clothes were black.

I showed my long brown hair to the teacher, it was put up into a ponytail.

I wasn't very tall, around 5.5 while the teacher must have been a feet taller than me. I stared at Miss Joy with a dead cold expression on my face, I must have looked like a ghost considering how pale I was. "Sweetie, I'm worried about you."

I faked a smile on my face. "You've been since I came here."

She sighed. "Yes, but this is the anniversary to the disappearance of your friends sweetheart, are you okay?" I sighed. "I was until you brought it up." I walked off.

As soon as I was out of Miss Joy's sight a couple of kids pulled me to the wall, they looked into my eyes; cold. "Know what day it is?" he asked, I didn't say anything. I only started to laugh at the guy, he looked confused and backed off; I fell to the ground laughing hysterically even though nothing was funny. Soon a crowd was formed around us.

"What the hell is so hilarious?!"

I suddenly stopped, stood up straight; glared into his angry green eyes with the same cold expression as before. I wiped of the dirt from the ground that had stuck on my clothing.

"What's funny is you." I said. "You think you're intimidating, cool or whatever. While in reality you're a little crybaby."

He stared, didn't say shit. I took step after step closer. "You think you can go at me, or anyone you think is lesser than you."

"You're nothing more than me." I pointed at myself. "Her." I pointed at a girl in the crowd who had also been bullied by the same guy. "Him." I pointed at another guy. I was right in front of the guy's face by this point. "Actually, we're better than you Max."

I poked him, he instantly fell to the ground in tears; I smiled at him as he laid on the ground. "Have a good day."

The people I pointed at walked up to me, and poked me on the shoulder. "Thank you Luna." I nodded and gave them a smile. "It's cool, if he ever is mean to you again; you tell me ok?" they nodded in unison.

"Do you wanna join us? We're going out to eat piz-" I paused him with a finger in front of his mouth, like I was shushing him. "I'm sorry but I'll have to deny your offer." I walked off to my locker.

Jamie looked at Isaak. "I feel bad for her, should we follow her?"

Isaak replied. "We'll talk to her on Monday."