Mistake | 08

Ava sat me down in my room, she didn't take her eyes off of me for a single second. "H-How?"

I rolled my eyes, though it wasn't visible because of the complete blackness they were devoured in. "I'm not dangerous, well not to you." I don't think that reassured her considering she was shaking even more now.

"W-What are you?" I laid my head back onto my pillow, staring up toward the fan on the ceiling; it was spinning around in the same beautiful pattern. "I'm a demon." I replied, the lights flickered and the fan stopped.

She now looked frozen, I realized what I had just said.

I closed my eyes, then opened them again to them being normal again; I glanced at her. "Look, everything is fine. I'm just cursed."

"You say that like it's nothing."

I nodded. "It is normal." I smiled at her. "Look at the world around you Ava, everything isn't as it seems."

"That guy, he was cursed. Probably by one of those demons that chased me last night." I explained, her eyes now widened; she was intrigued. "Is that why you were in the middle of the street?"

"No. I saw something and followed it, I didn't realize that I was on a street."

She let out a deep breath, she must have been holding that in for awhile; she walked up closer to me and sat beside my bed.

I looked into her eyes, smiled at her as she smiled at me. "Be careful, don't trust your eyes and ears."

"Thanks for the warning."

-

I glanced toward the door as it opened, Galia entered with a smile and open arms; she walked up and hugged me. "How are you doing little one?"

"I'm good, session time?"

"Yes."

Galia pulled a chair underneath her and sat down beside the bed while I laid down. "How have you been doing?"

"I'm good, the nurse who takes care of me is really kind and-" she gave me a look, that's not what she meant. "Oh. You mean what happened?"

Galia nodded slowly. "Yes." Galia was a strange woman, but her aura was goodhearted.

I sighed. "Well."

"You know demotecc's?"

I laid there explaining the whole thing, yawning over and over again. She wrote it all down on her notes, she must have gone through multiple pages until I came to the end. "And there I was driven over and ended up here."

I let out a deep breath, like I hadn't taken a single break while telling that entire story.

"Jacob and Maria are dead now." she said from nowhere, I looked shocked.

"How did you know?" the woman rolled her eyes toward the television that was still on, they were speaking about what happened to the man and the woman by the forest.

"I don't know what happened, one second they were alive and the other they were dead." I explained.

"You said it felt like you disappeared from reality?" I nodded, her eyes widened. "What did your real body do in this time? You said you couldn't control yourself."

I paused, I remembered what really happened that night before the car crash.

-

-

"I'm sorry." he said.

Maria grabbed his hand, smiled at him. "It's fine, my day was soon to come anyway."

The door slammed open and there I stood straight with my black eyes, messy hair and bloody forehead; my skin was pale and the growl that came out of my mouth was inhumane.

"What do we do?!" the man yelled, my head turned toward him; Maria's also, but then she turned back to me with a sigh.

She bowed. "oh powerful spirit, please; take my life as two and leave my friend here alive."

I didn't understand, I moved my head in different angles; to try and see if she was doing something. All I saw was black, they were simply outlined in red like every other prey. I said out loud and clear, she stood shaking.

"die."

I ran toward the red lines, ripping them to pieces and throwing them all around the room with my fingernails that had transformed into sharp black claws; a psychotic grin appeared on my face as I left the house after throwing Maria's head right into a trashcan in her own home.

-

-

I was shocked, the curse had never done something this violent before. Galia saw it on my face, but I couldn't cry; I wanted to but something stopped me. Instead my face replaced the tears with a cold horrifying smile.

Galia snapped her fingers before my eyes and I snapped out of it and a couple of tears fell.

"It wasn't me." I kept repeating while looking into her eyes, all she did was nod; it wasn't comforting anymore.

I grabbed her by the neck, ripped her head of her body; it created a fountain of blood that sprayed all over the room. I stared emotionless at the bloody mess I made but then I snapped back into reality.

Galia was still alive, she had realized the stare I gave toward her neck.

"Luna, snap out of it." she kept snapping her fingers, that sound; I wanted it gone so I grabbed her by the wrist and tried not to do more than that.

"Good, control yourself." she gave out the same comforting smile she always gives, I was out of my psychotic murder mode and back to myself.

"How do you do that?"

She chuckled. "Do what?"

"Suddenly be a threat." I paused. "Then turn into friend."

Galia didn't answer, she only smiled and nodded; but I wasn't bothered this time. She left shortly after that, and I was left alone thinking of what I had done.

-

It had been a week, I was ready to go back to school; I didn't enjoy it but I didn't have much of a choice. As soon as I came home my father laid drunk on the sofa. ' I'd rather be out than spend my time looking after that poor piece of shit. ' I thought.

It didn't take long for the school to realize that I had entered, I got stared at from every single direction. Nobody looked happy to see me, they glared at me like they despised me to the core of their heart.

I threw the apple I had just eaten into a trashcan, then swallowed the last bite I took enjoying the last bit of juice from that apple. "What?" I said. "You look like I came back from the dead and then ate your cat."

I continued to walk, nobody paid attention to the comment I made.

Jamie pushed her books into a locker, I came in early today so everyone was already here; when she turned around and saw me she froze. "Y-Your okay." her eyes widened, like she thought of something else.

"Huh?"

"You've been gone for awhile." Isaak came up from behind her. "There's some things you need to know." the tone of his voice was not good, I already knew that there was about to come trouble.