"Shopping?"Meryl asked and she looked at Pierce.

"Pierce, shopping?"Meryl asked, not amused and Pierce went near her.

"Babe, just today."Pierce answered softly and he gave her a smack kiss.

"What did I tell you about buying things for Nicky?She already have things that she needs and many of them, she doesn't even need that's why I don't want her shopping so much because it'll end up being stuck in her cabinet. I know you are her father and you haven't seen her like grow up and you have the rights to spend your money on her but Pierce, I don't want Nicky to grow up knowing that everyone around her is present to spoil her or give her everything that she wants. I want her to earn the things that she really wanted. I want her to work hard for it because if you continue to spoil her, she may grow up taking everything for granted."Meryl explained and Pierce cupped her face.

"I'm sorry okay?I was just carried away on being a father to Nicky and I was thinking that she deserves everything she wants but that's wrong. I'm really sorry baby. Promise, this will be the last time."Pierce said and Meryl nodded.

"I'm sorry mommy. I'm the one who asked daddy to shop clothes for me."Nicky said almost a whisper and she hugged her mom's waist.

"Oh God, you two."Meryl said and she hugged Pierce and Nicky.

"I can't stay mad at you both."Meryl whispered and the two kissed her cheeks while giggling.

"I love you mommy."Nicky whispered and Meryl looked at her.

"I love you more my li'l bunny."Meryl replied and she kissed Nicky's nose.

"Mom?"Nicky called her.

"Yes, babe?"Meryl asked.

"Can I uhmmm call Mamie, Gracie and Lou Lou?"Nicky shyly asked and looked down.

"Of course baby, I know you miss them and I'm sure they miss you too. Just call them on the telephone."Meryl answered and Nicky ran to the living room.

"They won't answer the call if it is from my phone anyways."Meryl softly uttered when Nicky is already out of her sight. Pierce looked at her because of her statement and Pierce kissed her cheek.

"Don't think about it too much. I'm sure that everything will be alright eventually."Pierce whispered and he caressed her right cheek.

"You think so?"Meryl whispered and Pierce gave her a smack kiss.

"I'm sure of it babe."Pierce answered and Meryl hugged her. She always need it. Pierce's reassurance.

After the family spent almost a week in DC, they're back in New York and they are already moving in their new house. Of course, the parents prioritized Nicky's room before they can even complete their furnitures in the master's bedroom.

"Is the princess settled?"Meryl who's opening their boxes asked Pierce who helped Nicky unpack her things.

"Yes, and it's our turn to unpack now."Pierce answered and he started helping Meryl "decorate" their room.

"Merl, babe?"Pierce called Meryl but still focused on unwrapping the porcelains from the bubble wrap.

"Hmmm?"Meryl hummed.

"About Dylan and Paris. They wanna meet you."Pierce uttered and Meryl stopped what she's doing.

"When?"Meryl asked and Pierce looked at her.

"It's almost the New York fashion week and you know that they both walk for some brands."Pierce answered and Meryl nodded.

"They can uhm stay here."Meryl suggested and Pierce went near her.