The "L" bomb

We sat on the jetti as it soured through the air, Bruce in the pilot's seat and Natasha next to him as the rest of us sat in the back.

"Yes, May, I promise I'm fine-yes, the building blew up with me in it, but-yes, I had my suit with me, I'm fine, everyone is fine, I promise." Peter sighed, talking on the phone to his aunt May. I chuckled and shook my head, making him roll his eyes and smile at me.

"Listen, May, I can't come home right now. Mr Stark thinks that whoever blew up the Avengers' building knew that I was also in it, so I need to not come home, to keep you safe. But I promise that I'll be back soon. I promise." He nodded, looking down. I sighed as I looked at him. I could tell that he was on the verge of tears, and I knew that May wouldn't be in much of a better state, knowing that she didn't know when she'd next see him.

"I'll call you when it's safe to. I love you, aunt May." He choked before hanging up. He sighed, avoiding eye contact with dad, Steve and Wanda as he sat back down next to me.

"You did the right thing." I reassured, taking his hand in mine. He nodded and sighed, looking down and intertwining our fingers.

"I know. I'll do anything to keep the two of you safe." He admitted, looking into my eyes. I nodded, giving him a small smile as I lay down, resting my legs against the bench and resting my head against Peter's lap. My smile widened and I let my eyes flutter shut as I felt his fingers start to run through my hair, pushing me into the gentle grasp of sleep.

Peter's P.O.V

Peter looked down at Y/N, his fingers running through her hair as her breathing slowed, telling him that she was asleep.

"You deserve her, kid." Peter looked up and gave Tony a small smile.

"Thanks, Mr Stark." He mumbled. Tony studied him.

"Did she tell you?" he asked. Peter's eyebrows furrowed.

"Tell me what?" he returned.

"He's talking about the "L" bomb, Peter." Steve chuckled.

"Oh." Peter smiled, looking down at the sleeping girl whose head was against his lap.

"Yeah. She told me." He nodded, looking back up at the three people sitting across from him, all of them wearing soft smiles on their lips.

"And I know that you feel the same. But just know that if you hurt my daughter in any way, at all, I will kick you off of the Avengers." Tony warned.

"I won't, Mr Stark, I promise." He nodded before leaning down so that his lips were by Y/N's ear.

"Told you." He whispered, chuckling.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

Y/N's P.O.V

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I yawned as I stretched out.

"Woah, careful, babe." I looked up and turned crimson as Peter had just caught my wrist, stopping me from accidentally slapping him in the face as I stretched.

"Oh, Peter, I'm sorry." I winced, making him chuckle as I sat up.

"Morning, kiddo." Dad spoke, sitting across from me on his laptop. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Is it really the morning?" I scoffed.

"No, just a figure of speech, but we have been flying for three hours." He admitted. My eyes widened.

"What? Where are we going?" I asked.

"Connecticut. We have a safe house there, and as is suggested in the name, we'll be safe there. That's where we'll be staying until we can figure out who is trying to kill us." Steve nodded.

"But...what about our friends? Ned and MJ know that I'm Spiderman, and they know that Y/N is a Stark, they'll be in danger too." Peter gulped. My dad's eyes widened.

"Wait, did you just say that these kids know that Y/N is a Stark?" he spat. I looked at Peter to see him looking panicked.

"Um...well...yes, I accidentally told them, but I swear that they won't tell anyone!" he exclaimed, making dad groan and rub his hands over his face.

"I'm serious, Ned found out that I was Spiderman when I was fifteen, MJ found out last year, and yet the world still doesn't know who I am. Yes, I told them, but Y/N's secret is safe with them, I promise." He nodded. Dad looked at me.

"You know these kids? Ned and MJ?" he asked.

"They're my best friends, dad. Peter is right, they won't tell anyone about me, but he's also right that they're in trouble. Help them, dad." I gulped. He sighed and nodded.

"Okay. I'll send Happy to look after them, I promise that whoever is wanting to kill us will not go within ten miles of your friends, or your aunt May." He promised.

"Thank you, Mr Stark." Peter nodded, taking my hand and making me smile.

"Guys, we're about to land, strap in." Natasha ordered from the seat next to Bruce's. We nodded, doing up our seatbelts before Peter took my hand again.

The jetti landed against the grass, making it shake slightly.

"Okay, everyone off." Bruce demanded as the door opened. We walked off of the jetti and my eyes widened as we were in the middle of a clearing, with a log cabin and a lake about fifty yards away.

"Dad, where are we?" I scoffed as we walked towards it.

"I told you, kiddo, the safe house." He shrugged, nodding towards the cabin.

"Yeah but, how come you never told me about it? I thought that they were no secrets between us." I mumbled.

"Need I remind you that he lied about your boyfriend being Spiderman for three months?" Natasha scoffed. Peter gulped and looked down, making me sigh.

"True." I nodded as we walked into the cabin. I looked around and nodded in approval, the log cabin being extremely modern. Not that I was too surprised, it was my dad's, after all.

"This is so cool!" Peter laughed as he looked at all of the tech in the living room.

"Don't touch anything, a single piece of tech in this room costs more than everything you own." Dad warned, making Peter's eyes widen as he slowly retracted his gloved hand from the device that he was about to pick up.

"Okay, there are enough rooms for everyone, so take your pick, and I don't want to have to say this but I feel like I should, Y/N and Peter, you're not sharing a room." Dad scoffed.

"Oh, come on, dad, what are we going to do?" I groaned.

"We both know the answer to that." He fake-smiled, making me roll my eyes as I grabbed my bag and headed to the first room on the left. I walked in and sighed. It was a nice enough room, but it was nothing compared to my room at the Avengers' building. A double bed sat against the wall, Chester drawers and a mirror on the opposite wall, and finally a window on the outer wall. I sighed, throwing my bag onto the bed before walking to the window and leaning against it. I couldn't wait to go home.