Feelings. Lots and lots of feelings

Y/N's P.O.V

Peter and I sat in chemistry class, behind Ned and Michelle.

"Okay, ten minutes to finish the notes, quiet, please." Mr Harrington spoke, making everyone get on with their work.

"So..." Michelle spoke as she turned around and looked at Peter and I.

"Where did you two disappear off to on Saturday?" she smirked. My eyebrows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" Peter chuckled.

"Don't play innocent, everyone noticed that you two snuck off during Cody's party." She spoke, wriggling her eyebrows suggestively. I rolled my eyes.

"I got a bit claustrophobic, so we left the party early. We did try to find you and tell you where we were going." I nodded.

"Uh huh, sure that's where you went." Ned smiled.

"Not you too, dude." Peter groaned.

"I'm just saying, literally no one at the party was surprised that you guys disappeared together. Quite a few rumours actually started because of it." Ned nodded. My eyes widened as Peter and I looked at each other.

"What rumours?" he gulped.

"You guys disappeared together at a party, what do you think?" Michelle smirked, making both of us blush and look down at our work. Suddenly, I remembered what was in my bag. I sighed, knowing that neither of us would live this down, but I had to give it back.

"Um, Pete?" I spoke, unzipping my bag and pulling his shirt out.

"Hmm?" he asked, looking at me.

"I, um, thought you'd want this back." I gulped, holding out the shirt. Peter's eyes widened and he turned bright red as he looked at the shirt.

"Um, you can, erm, keep it if you like, it was kind of too small for me anyway." He lied, refusing to look at Ned and Michelle as they smirked.

"Oh, thanks." I nodded, secretly slightly relieved that I was being allowed to keep my best friend's comfortable shirt as I put it away again. I looked back up to see Ned and Michelle just staring at us.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, don't even try to act innocent, you disappear off at the party, you then appear with Peter's shirt, that he then lies about being too small so that you can keep it, and you're telling me there's nothing going on between you?" she scoffed.

"I didn't lie about it being too small." Peter protested.

"And, there's nothing going on." I shrugged.

"Yeah, right, to both of those bullcrap statements." She scoffed again as the bell went.

"Damn, saved by the bell." Michelle chuckled as we stood up.

"What do you mean? You already interrogated us on our relationship status." I scoffed.

"Oh, I wasn't done." She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows again. I sighed and looked at Peter, making him give me a small smile as the four of us walked out of class and towards the school doors.

"So, anyone got any plans for after school? Specifically, Y/N and Peter?" Michelle continued to tease.

"No. I'm free." Peter stated before nudging my shoulder. I looked at him and raised my eyebrows, hinting for him to continue.

"You, erm, you want to come over for a bit? Just to hang out." Peter shrugged as we walked out of the school doors and down the steps.

"I'd love to, Pete, but I've got to go to the bank." I nodded. He squinted his eyes at me.