16. His Unexpected Proposal

Beginne am Anfang

All of a sudden he turned towards her and smirked. She could feel her head getting lighter as he leaned in and pecked her lips.

“You don’t know how amazing it feels to lean in and kiss your lips any time I want to, with having the reassurance that you wouldn’t freak out,” he murmured against her lips.

Annabelle moaned and leaned on his rock hard chest, her hands automatically going to his neck and clinging to his body. She rubbed herself against him, earning a groan from him. She caressed his abs from above his t-shirt and kissed his neck.

“I strongly suggest that you get up right now and leave this room if you want to stay a virgin, Belle,” Edward whispered huskily.

Annabelle laughed and pecked his cheek before slowly getting up and limping into a spare room, with support from her new crutches. Her wound had almost healed, but the doctor had firmly suggested to not putting too much weight on the foot, hence the crutches were her main support. Edward had argued with her to not use the crutches since he loved carrying her wherever she wanted to go, but Annabelle strongly opposed against it.

She had said, “I can’t let you carry me everywhere. It’s embarrassing plus if I wanted to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, they would come in handy. I cannot possibly come into your room all the time to wake you up, just to take me to the bathroom, can I?”

Edward had understood her reasons since the day she had woken up after the incident; she had requested him to let her sleep in another room. He understood she wasn’t ready to share a bed with him, and he respected that though he did put up quite a fight.

Of course he didn’t stand a chance against Annabelle because, well Annabelle is a woman and women always win such arguments whether they’re right or not.

He was eager make their relationship exclusive and give it a name now that Annabelle had finally come to terms with him and realised that he loved her endlessly. Okay, maybe she didn’t realize it yet but at least she let him kiss her. That counts right?

He decided he would do it today. Now he was just waiting for the right opportunity.

That night, when they were eating dinner, Annabelle asked Edward to pass her the rice bowl. Edward did so and suddenly asked, “Can I ask you something, Belle?”

Annabelle looked up from her plate and nodded.

“Well, do you want to sleep in my room today?” he asked.

Annabelle looked at him weirdly, “And why would I want to do that?”

“I don’t know. Just asking,” was his reply.

Annabelle just shrugged and said, “I’m not too sure about that. If you don’t mind, I prefer sleeping in my room, that’s your guest room.”

“Consider it your room,” Edward said, a little disappointedly. He was really looking forward to sleeping with Annabelle tonight, just talking and cuddling and he also wanted to ask her to become his girlfriend. If he didn’t believe in slow paces, he would have made her his fiancé by now.

Annabelle noticed his disappointment but said nothing of it. They finished the rest of the dinner quietly. It was a sort of uncomfortable silence, because they talking all the time about any topic. There was never a shortage of words for them, if it wasn’t one thing, it was another and there wasn’t ever an awkward silence between them, except for now.

“By the way, don’t you think I have overstayed my welcome? Maybe I should leave tomorrow?” Annabelle asked as she got into bed in the guest room. Edward always came with her to tuck her in.