Aslan Lives

CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

(3rd Person POV)

Peter, Oreius, and Athena go into Aslan's tent to discuss battle tactics. Peter goes through all of the old plans. After the plans are decided everyone goes to get ready. Athena gets ready before heading back to Aslan's tent. When she walks in she finds Peter looking in a mirror as he attaches his armor.

"Do you need some help?" Athena asks clearly startling Peter who was in deep thought. Peter nods and Athena attaches his left arm sleeve of armor.

"Is there any way I could convince you not to fight?" Peter asks Athena while looking at her armor.

"Not a chance. We are in this together," Athena answers as she hands Peter his sword and shield. Athena looks at Peter in the mirror and smiles. "You will make a great King."

"How can you be so sure?" Peter asks and Athena smiles.

"Because I believe in you," Athena says as she stands on her tiptoes before kissing Peter on the cheek. Athena then leaves the tent to go saddle, Alistair. Peter felt hope within him after what Athena said.

The Narnian army and the two princes along with the princess, wait in the boulders as a Griffin scouts ahead. Peter looks nervously over to Athena who gives him a small reassuring smile.

"They come, Your Highness, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own," The Griffin informs as he lands.

"Numbers do not win a battle," Oreius states.

"No. But I bet they help," Peter says. The Witch's army can be heard in the distance. Peter looks up at Edmund who is at the top of the rocks and Edmund gives him an encouraging nod. Peter then looks at Athena.

"I believe in you," Athena says with a smile. Peter then unsheathes his sword and raises it to the sky. All of the Narnians start cheering and chanting. The White Witches army then starts heading towards them. Edmund and Athena then unsheathe their swords. Peter then signals for the Griffins with a wave of his sword. As the Griffins start flying, Edmund and Athena also wave their swords. The Griffins drop huge rocks at the Witch's army, which takes out dozens of them.

"Are you with me?" Peter asks Athena and Oreius.

"To the death," Athena and Oreius answer at the same time. Leaving Peter hoping that Athena would not have such a fate.

"For Narnia!" Peter calls as he raises his sword into the air.

"And for Aslan!" Athena calls as she also raises her sword. Peter, Oreius, and Athena then take off with the army not far behind them, who were also cheering for Aslan. As they are riding towards the battle, Peter pulls his helmet over his face. The cheetahs get in front and take the first blow. The Narnian army takes down many of the White Witch's army. The White Witch then moves forward to join the battle. Meanwhile, Susan and Lucy are still with Aslan.

"We should go," Susan states. They get up and walk away from the stone table.

"I'm so cold," Lucy says and Susan wraps her arms around Lucy. There is suddenly a loud sound behind them. Lucy turns to find Aslan gone. "Susan! Where's Aslan?"

"What have they done?" Susan asks as they rush forward. There is a bright light and Aslan walks from around the table, more magnificent than ever.

"Aslan!" Lucy calls. They run and hug Aslan.

"But we saw the knife. The Witch," Susan says.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently. That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack and even death itself will turn backward," Aslan explains.

"We sent the news that you were dead," Lucy states.

"Peter, Athena, and Edmund will have gone to war," Susan says.

"We have to help them," Lucy says.

"We will, dear one, but not alone. Climb on my back," Aslan says as he bends down for the girls to climb onto his back and they get on. "We have far to go and little time to get there. And you may want to cover your ears." They do and Aslan roars a mighty roar before taking off like the wind.