Sweet Creature (II)

Start from the beginning

"Princess," he whispered, trying to wake Bree up, brushing her cheeks with his knuckles. "Princess, wake up," he said with a light shake.

Brianna's eyes fluttered open, and it took her a while before registering her dad's face, her thick brows furrowing, pink lips in a pout.

"Daddy? I don't feel so well, daddy," she said in a small whine, hiding her face on his thigh.

A painful tug pulled in his chest with her raspy voice, but he forced himself to give her a sad smile. "I know, baby. But you have to take your medicine for you to feel better."

"But it tastes yucky!" her voice was muffled.

"Please? For me?" Sean pleaded. Sometimes he is still at a loss on how to handle her. Sure, he was great with kids when he was younger but it didn't mean he could rear them that well.

Now, Brianna peeked an eye from his thigh before fully turning onto him. "Will I see mommy soon, daddy? I wanna feel her hugs, too," she suddenly asked out-of-the-blue.

He silently sucked in a breath, but schooled his features immediately. Again, he wondered how frequently Bree was thinking about her mother lately that she randomly asks questions about her and even dream about her.

His mind betrayed him to the woman who is now cleaning up in his bathroom, and how, for some odd reason, she made him think of the mother of his child. She uncannily looked like Brianna in that short moment he took a good look at her under his phone's light, but maybe, his mind was probably making up things because of some sort of desperation taking place in his guts. But if she is really the woman that he has been secretly looking for, wouldn't she have recognized him? Because he couldn't, due to that mysterious amnesia and his numerous trysts with many women back when he is in Japan.

"Do you want to?" he asked instead, still not ready to break his daughter's heart. Bree nodded gingerly. "Then, if you pray hard enough, then maybe God will answer your prayers. And oh, maybe if you drink your medicines, too. I heard God favors girls who listen to their daddies," he said, slightly smirking.

With that, little Bree forced herself to sit up and take the medicine. Sean helped her sleep again, but not after she prayed aloud, with tiny fists clasped tightly, for her to meet her mommy soon. He could only sigh but didn't say anything for the matter, and waited for her to fall asleep. He placed a cooling strip on her forehead, before kissing her curls and going out to check what was happening to the woman that he totally forgot the name of.

They were still in his bathroom when he entered his room, and so he set out to find some clothes he thought that would probably fit her and left it on his bed. He went back to Bree's bedroom to monitor on her until after a few minutes, Nicole's head peeked inside.

"Is everything okay?" He whispered as he approached the door.

Nicole nodded. "She's all cleaned up, Mr. Lew. I also gave her some tea; she was shivering so much, but she's now feeling better. She's in the kitchen right now," she said.

"Thank you, Nic. I'll add this to your pay. You may go now. Mrs. Larson will surely kick my ass for holding you up," he said, smiling at her weakly.

"No worries, at all, Mr. Lew!" she grinned, then paused, hesitant. "You should know though...she didn't have any underwear with her. She didn't have anything with her at all," she told him.

For some reason, Sean could feel heat coursing from the skin of his neck to his face at the information. He knew the teenager had good intentions of letting him know that, and now it made him wonder about the stranger in his kitchen all the more.