Chapter Twenty-Nine

STORYBROOKE, Maine

Regina had never felt more alone. She had thought her days of loneliness were long gone after the curse took place but now it was broken and she was alone once again. Regina didn't even have Henry--he continued to stay with David--and Regina was...alone. During the curse, she had Rebekah as well. And yes, it was quite enjoyable bossing her around and making Rebekah run her errands and bring her coffee. She didn't even mind the snark she got from her. But now Rebekah was with her own family and wanted nothing to do with Regina. Which was what led her to Dr. Hopper's office.

"Regina." He blinked in surprise when he opened his door and saw her standing on the other side. "Are you here to see me?" Archie asked her after a moment.

"I've been trying to keep my promise to Henry but it's been difficult," she admitted, still standing in the hallway of his practice.

"To not use magic?"

She nodded her head, inhaling deeply. "It's been two days."

Archie smiled. "That's an excellent start," he told her.

She was skeptical, but he seemed to have hope. Archie motioned for Regina to come inside his office and Regina sighed before stepping inside the room. She had sent Henry here to try and convince him that fairytales weren't real and that hadn't worked. Who was to say Dr. Hopper could even help her? You gotta try, she heard Henry's voice in her head. He was the reason why she was going to Archie because despite what everyone else believed, she truly did love Henry.

They sat down, Archie offering Regina a refreshment that she declined. Archie watched her from his chair as she got comfortable on the couch, straighting the creases on her pants before she finally found the courage to speak. "It's just that," Regina sighed, "magic is the way I've always gotten everything," she admitted.

"It sounds like it's also the way you've lost everything," Archie reminded her. But she didn't need reminding; she was well aware of all she had lost. "Regina, this is your chance to start over. To earn Henry." The door opened causing Regina to jump slightly as Whale came walking into the room she and Dr. Hopper were in. "Dr. Whale! This is highly inappropriate!" Archie raised his voice.

Whale stood in front of the table that acted as a barrier between he and Regina. "Send me back," he demanded.

"Excuse me?" She scoffed, looking from Whale to Archie, and then back to Whale again.

"To my land!" Dr. Whale told her. "Send me back to my brother."

Regina felt her temper flare. "Why don't you check the missing board like everyone else," she said in a snarky tone that only angered Whale.

"Your curse only brought the living." He reminded her with just as much snark in his tone as she had used.

"Well, then, I'm sorry for you loss," she said sarcastically. "But I'm afraid I can't send anyone anywhere. Why don't you ask my sister and her husband? You all were rather chummy back in the day."

Whale rolled his eyes, ignoring her comment about Rebekah. "Can't or won't ?"

Archie stood up from his seat and looked to Whale. "Dr. Whale, I have to insist. Please... go ." He stressed the word.

Regina blinked in surprise when Dr. Whale actually listened to Archie and left the room. Dr. Hopper walked towards the open door and closed it slowly before returning to Regina. "I'm sorry," he apologized. "What you said...it isn't entirely true, is it?"

She didn't understand. "I'm sorry?" Regina questioned.

"About the curse only taking the living," Archie reminded her, "The grave of your father is here, right?"