22

Jane's PoV

"Seriously Ste What the fuck have you been doing?" I snap as he once again messes up the riff he's supposed to have nailed for this part of his assessments.

"I've been practicing.." he responds

"Well clearly you fucking haven't. If you're not going to take this seriously then you may as well not do AP!" I snap louder as the music room door opens both Sam and Maura looking concerned between the both of us.

"Of course I'm taking this seriously" Ste mutters

"It doesn't fucking look like it. If there's a problem talk to me how many times do I have to tell you!" Snapping once again

"Walk it off Jane" Sam growls at me

"Stay out of it Sam." I warn

"Honey I came down to see if you wouldn't mind helping me with something?" Maura asks calmly

"What?" I sigh looking at her

"I could do with your help to move something in my store room" she smiles softly at me as Sam approaches Steven.

"Why?" I don't know why I'm being a bitch towards her

"Because I can't reach" she blushes deeply before looking down at the floor

"Oh..Ok... when I'm back I want the truth Steven." I firmly say taking Maura's hand as she leads me up towards her lab. Ignoring the students who still wolf whistle at us when we show any form of affection within the school.

"It's that box up on the top shelf, it's heavy though be careful" Maura warns

"I remember when I put it up there a couple of years ago.. I also remember what happened afterwards" I smirk at her remembering how she pinned me against the shelves.

"Mmm so do I" Maura chuckles watching me from the doorway

"Honey what's going on with Steven? He looked like he was going to cry"

"I have no idea. All I know is he's not doing the work, he can do it that's what pisses me off, he says he's been practicing but I know he hasn't, his theory work is no where near what it was. It's like he doesn't want to do it anymore and if he doesn't I want to know because there's no point me wasting time teaching him AP if he's not going to put the effort and work in. I have too much to do at the bar and at the club and now with this fucking dance." I sigh placing the box down on her desk at the front of the lab.

"He's stopped talking to me Jane, I think there's something going on but I'm not sure what.." Maura trails off

"The thought had crossed my mind, he's not really been the same since they made him stay at the home every night, but non of us can help him unless he opens up and talks about it. He's even backed right off from Sam!" I can't help but laugh at my own comment about opening up about speaking about things.

Maura raises her eyebrows at me "Mmm you of all people know it doesn't work to hold things in...I thought he really liked Sam?"

"Yep, the feelings mutual with Sam too... but he said he's not speaking to him replying to his messages or calls and is distancing himself." I explain

"When did he tell you that, I'm surprised Sam was so forward with his feelings?"

"Ahh Saturday night when he decided to call me around 3am drunk" I laugh

"Of course alcohol had to be involved" Maura sighs, we have cut drinking out all together until I finish my therapy

"Babe, if you want a drink you know you can"