Chapter One ♀ Madmax

AN: Melanie's outfit for school is up top.

"Michael, move your sorry ass!" Melanie yelled from downstairs, looking at the watch on her wrist as she tapped her foot against the tile in the kitchen

The girl groaned as she heard her father telling her to mind her language, mockingly repeating his sentence as she placed the final dish from dinner away.

She began hearing yelling and stomping, forcing her to dry off her hands and go over to the stairs, seeing that Mike was running down them making her say, "Michael, why are you running in my-"

Melanie was cut off by the teenage boy jumping down the last two steps, grasping her wrist and dragging her away back toward the kitchen. She watched as Nancy quickly followed them, yelling for their younger brother as they ran past their parents who were now where Melanie was moments ago.

"Hey. No running in the house," Ted reminded as Karen furrowed her brows, yelling, "What is going on?"

"Normal Wheeler sibling business. Go back to your regularly scheduled program!" Melanie told loudly as Mike rushed them out of the house. The two quickly grabbed their bikes that were laying side-by-side, jumping on and peddling off as Nancy followed them out.

Melanie laughed as they rode off, turning around and flipping Nancy off as the said girl yelled, "Assholes!"

"What did you do, Michael?" Melanie rose a brow, turning to him for a moment before focusing back on the dark road. The boy laughed, saying, "I stole all the change from her bank."

"The one that was in her drawer?" She questioned. Mike nodded, the two turning down the road as he said, "The exact one. How did you know?"

Melanie chuckled, the wind blowing through her hair as she sped up, "I know everyone's secrets, Michael."

The boy's eyes widened as he matched his pace with hers, riding down the dark streets of Hawkins in a comfortable silence. They soon met up with Dustin and Lucas, who were thrilled that Melanie had decided to join them.

The group of teenagers made their way to the Palace Arcade, parking their bikes at the bike rack as Joyce Byers pulled up with Will, who was in her passenger seat. Lucas waved, "Hey!"

Joyce smiled as she saw the boys and Melanie before turning to Will and saying, "Okay. So, I'll pick you up in two hours. That's nine o'clock on the dot, okay?"

"Okay," Will agreed, getting antsy now that he saw his friends waiting for him. Joyce sniffed, "If anything happens, if you need to come home, have Melanie ask to use their phone and call home. Okay? Don't-"

"-Don't walk or bike home. I know," Will interrupted her, going to open the passenger door. Joyce grasped his hand, "Sweetie."

He turned back to her, "Mom, I have to go."