He blinked, pointing to himself in surprise.

"Me? What's wrong?" He asked.

"Please follow me!" She said quickly, as she turned around and started walking at super sonic speed.

He looked to his friends, who shrugged in return.

...what was going on?

She led them to a far off side of the school, towards the far off gates.

Hiro stopped when he saw Zero.

Zero glared at him, looking back to Yuki. "I said to inform the headmaster."

Yuki sent him a frown. "Hiro has more sense..." she said quietly. "And I'm sure they can help us."

"What's going on..?" Hiro asked.

They both looked at him.

"...there's a Vampire outside the gate." Yuki said. "But he won't speak to us."

Hiro spared a glance at Zero.

"...Did you point a gun at him?" Hiro asked with a dull smile.

"You have a problem with my guns?" Zero frowned.

"If someone feels threatened, they aren't going to be cooperative." Hiro told him, eyebrows furrowed.

"Well he's on private property, I don't give a damn." Zero glared at Hiro, eyes burning.

"Maybe they're lost!" Hiro stated with outstretched arms and furrowed eyebrows.

"I. Don't. Care." Zero said, eyes narrowing.

They kept going, Hiro pointing in Zero's face and Zero gripping his collar. Static flew between them.

"You're too naive..!" Zero pinched his cheek, stretching it as Hiro winced in pain.

"You're too trigger-happy!" Hiro told him, trying to move his hand away.

"Hey!" Takuma waved his hands between the two of them. He sighed, feeling as he were parting a cranky, married couple.

"The Vampire hasn't moved." Rima told Hiro. "It's like...they're watching the school."

Hiro paused.

Could it be..?

Would Rido have sent someone? It was entirely possible. But why not attack? Or come to get him personally? Why wait out here? Was he trying to get to Yuki?

"I told you I'd take care of it." Zero said, standing up. "I don't know why you got them." He gestured to the group of Vampires. "They're useless."

He received four pairs of different glares.

"He's good at talking to people, unlike someone I know." Yuki glared at Zero, finger up.

Hiro frowned, closing his eyes. "I'll try to speak to him."

"Wait-" Yuki called.

Hiro stepped away from them. He walked towards the gate with a soft smile.

There was a pair of golden eyes in the shade of the trees, carefully watching him. The eyes widened when he got closer, a sharp smile appearing from the shadows.

"...My Lord." It said, stepping out and bowing.

Hiro frowned, watching with keen eyes.

"We wished to see you, my Lord." The Vampire bowed. "It is only proper."

Wait...

Did this have to do with him being-

"You are Hiro Kuran, aren't you, my Lord?"

He heard a gasp from behind him.

Yuki covered her mouth in shock. Beside her, lavender eyes went wide.

"...Kuran?" Senri questioned, looking to Rima.

"...Wait. We?" Zero questioned, looking around.

More eyes appeared. They stared at Hiro with such intensity it made him feel like a piece of jewelry on display.

"Hiro-sama." They called his name like a chant, whispering it as they smiled.

"You're a...Kuran..?" He heard Zero ask.

Hiro grimaced, not facing them.

"It's only courteous for us to visit an important  member of the Kuran family, after hearing such tragic events befell you."

He and Zero shared a look of disdain.

"...I see." Hiro said, stepping forward. He looked around at them all, watching them slink out of the shadows.

They stared at him, their eyes and smiles wide. It was like looking out at a pool of piranhas. All of them hungry, sharp teeth hidden.

He smiled with empty eyes.

"You'll have to leave. This counts as trespassing." He said firmly. "But I appreciate your visit. Knowing you've traveled all this way to see me makes me very grateful."

Zero frowned at his smile.

They were overjoyed at his words.

"How respectful."

"Much like his father."

"He truly favors his father. Kaname has taught him well."

"If only they were alive to see him."

"How tragic."

"Poor child."

Their words weren't kind. It was more like a sneer, hidden behind bows and compliments.

But he smiled through it, watching them leave after getting their fill of seeing him in the flesh. As if he were a rumor they just had to see else they would die.

They bowed to him collectively, before vanishing into thin air as if they had never been there.

...How hazardous it was to be a Pureblood.

"You...are Kaname-sama's brother?" Yuki asked, taking a step forward.

Hiro turned around, looking to her.

Her eyes were shaking, as if she couldn't believe it.

"...yes."