A Jewel

Cross sighed out, looking out the window.

He watched his students walk about, chattering away about homework and other things. He wanted to keep them carefree and safe. How would he run this school if there were those plotting violent actions against him?

A knock at the door broke his chain of thought.

"Come in." He said, taking a seat a his desk.

Kaname stepped inside the office, closing the door behind him.

"Kaname!" The headmaster said in surprise.

Kaname stepped inside, closing the dome behind him and taking a seat. "Rido will do whatever he can to get Hiro back."

The headmaster looked at Kaname, frowning slightly. "What do you propose?"

Kaname took a seat, arms folded as he leaned back into the chair. His eyes grew dark, calculating his idea in his head.

He was set on his own endgame, ready to put his chess pieces into play.

Cross grew serious.

"Kaname." He frowned. "You need a failsafe. If Hiro does succumb to the Devil's Eye, you need to be able to make the hard choice."

Kaname only smiled. "Hiro already made me promise to eliminate him if that happens."

The headmaster's eyes widened, eyebrows furrowing. He gave a weary sigh, his eyes growing sad. "...he...he did?"

Cross took his glasses off, placing a hand over his eyes.

"I promised Juri to watch over her children." Cross said, his voice firm. "...I'll do what you asked, and check the Association's records for anything on the curse." He frowned.

"Thank you."

__________

"Jailbird."

Hiro glared at Senri, pushing the taller vampire away as he tried to hug him.

"My reputation is ruined..." he mumbled.

Rima nodded, Takuma giving a sorry smile.

He couldn't help but laugh and Senri tickled his side. Hiro pushed his hands away, grinning.

He hadn't seen Kaname since he had gotten back. He wondered where his brother was, feeling a strange homesickness wash over him.

It was weird to long for the person instead of the actual home, he thought with a bitter smile.

But he had his friends to keep him company.

"Is that Yuki?"

The four of them looked to the side, the brown haired girl running towards them at top speed.

She came to a halt, her feet dragging in the dirt. She turned to them, exhaling and clenching her fists.

"Hiro-sama!" Yuki said, giving him an intense stare.

He smiled gently. Speaking of home... "Hello Yuki."

Hello!" She said, rubbing her head in embarrassment. She bowed and swallowed, eyes wide as she tried to speak.

Stuttering words filled her mouth and made her frustrated.

He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Breathe, Yuki." He said softly.

She took his advice, catching her breath before smiling, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I need your help, senpai." She said.