Search and Discover

Everyone all stared at Takashi for a brief moment as he mentioned my fallout shelter. Saya woke me up from my rest and I mumbled quietly as I helped myself up.

(YN): what..?
Takashi: (YN).

I nodded softly as I rubbed my eyes, noticing that everyone but Marikawa was looking at me. I paused briefly before sighing and sitting up.

(YN): What?
Takashi: Rei and I are going to keep on driving until we find our families. Then, we need you to take us to your fallout shelter.
(YN): Alright! I can do that.
Marikawa: As much as I'd hate to be the barer of bad news, this Humvee doesn't seem to be as fast as it used to be.

Unfortunately, she was right. The humvee seemed to be slower then it once was and with all the zombies that surrounded us, that was hardly a good thing. As Marikawa drove pass yet another gate and as Saya clung to me from the impact, I fell back and onto Saeko, who gasped and tried to help me up.

However, as my face was being sandwiched between her chest, I pulled my head up and looked up at her, mumbling an apology as I got up.

(YN): Sorry..
Saeko: It's alright..
Kohta: Lucky little-
Alice: Look!

As we looked in the general direction of where Alice was pointing, I saw a neighborhood that looked like Takashi's. As his eyes widened, he climbed to the front with Rei and Marikawa.

Takashi: Hurry!
Marikawa: But I-
Rei: Step on it!

I was almost forced back into the seat as Alice was sent flying by the vehicle with the dog.

Saya: Put on a damn seat belt!
Kohta: Watch your language with children!
Alice: Yeah! My baby ears!

Saya rolled her eyes until she was forced back by the sudden force. However, with her, Marikawa, and Saekobeing the only onez with seat belts on, they remained seated.

Takashi was sent back and into me as we both hit the seat. We both groaned in pain until I shoved him off me as Saya tried to force a seat belt onto me.

Saya: Put it on!
(YN): It's not comfortable!
Saya: I don't care! Use protection, Idiot!
Kohta: That's what she said!

A sudden clip of ammo hit Kohta's face as Saya blushed darkly, glaring daggers at the weapons master as she held my arm to her. I looked over to her and blushed brightly as she held my arm close against her body, firmly pressing her breasts against my arm and body as she glanced up at me, taking notice of my staring.

Saya: W-What are you looking at?
(YN): You..

Saya's blush grew darker as she turned away. As she adjusted her glasses and huffed, I chuckled as Alice, Kohta, and Takashi put on their own seat belts.

Rei: We gotta check Takashi's house first. Then mine.
(YN): Then Fallout shelter!
Takashi: I guess I should have gotten you that Fallout game..

I chuckled and scratched the back of my head as Takashi stared at the several houses we passed by... they were all lined with destruction, and all had the look of despair and abandonment all over them...

The streets, the homes, all of them carried so many memories. The times that Takashi would drop by either Rei's house, or my own. The place were the three of us would all hang around outside and just... Be kids.

Splash around in the kiddy pool, have Takashi get kicked for flirting with random girls, Have Rei shout at us for drawing on her face when she slept, Have both of them laugh and chase after me with zombie masks...

I guess only one of the pranks actually ended up helping, Huh?...

Takashi was horrified to see that his home was torn down... The door was broken down, the windows broken, leaving bits of glass all over the floor... the curtains were all ripped into shreds.. blood stains spilt all over the front door as the dead bodies of zombies laid down upon the entrance...

We all stepped out and loaded our weapons as Takashi walked towards his door. As he opened it, he aimed his gun to anything that may move...

The house was empty. Vacant of any form of life, or death. His eyes darkened as he shouted and punched the wall, leaving a large hole in the wall as he walked through the hall, readying his bat for any threat, despite none being present...

As Takashi took everything in, looking at his past, we all tried to take anything that would be useful. Any knives or weapons, any food that would last, any water bottles we can manage, anything at all.

We left Takashi's house with water, food, clothes, and weapons. He slowly left the house and gripped his bat, knocking a corpse's head clean off as he silently walked into the Humvee.

(YN): Are you ok-
Takashi: I'm fine... Let's move.
Rei: Okay..

We moved on to Rei's home.. it looked less destroyed, but still in ruins. The windows were broken and the door, though still standing, was seemingly crashed through so something could get out, or into the house.

Rei refused to walk in, instead she held herself. I stayed with her and kept her close to myself, allowing my shoulder to grow slightly damp from her tears as she vented to me, telling me things I already knew...

She told me how her Dad may have not been around much because of work, but he at least tried his best, despite being a single parent. We both recalled back when he used to scare me and Takashi, even threatening him when him and Rei started dating for the first time... and now this place barely resembled the home it used to be...

We left Rei's home with some stuffed animals for Alice, weapons and vests, clothes, and water. We loaded up the humvee as Rei tightly held my hand, though her grip was shaky.

Once we loaded back up into the humvee, We headed towards my home. For the sake of things we may needed, everyone decided to see if I had anything that could be used.

With how paranoid and horrified I was about zombies, Of course I would have something useful...

We checked my room and saw that it was left exactly how I left it... I opened a drawer under my bed and took some clothes as everyone else some weapons, medical supplies, and the several canned foods I had. Once we had everything, we left my home and continued to drive.

As Marikawa drove us, Takashi, Rei, and myself all gazed at a picture I saved... a picture Rei's dad took of us.

Rei and Takashi with face paint, both running after me as I screamed and ran several times faster then them... I couldn't help but smile at those fond memories...