Thirty-Two: Taken

Start from the beginning

Progress. 

"I can't find them anywhere. And Europa isn't answering." Stefan stated as he walked into the Boarding House's living room. 

Standing next to the fireplace was Damon, next to him stood Elijah Mikaelson, "Hello, Stefan," Elijah greeted with a tilt of his head. 

Damon looked over at Stefan, anger evident in his eyes, "He knows about the contingency plan Esther told Elena about in writing," Then, after taking a drink, Damon spoke up again, "He has Elena." 

Stefan cursed angrily. 

"Actually, she's with Rebekah. As you can imagine, my sister is just dying to tear her throat out. So...if you want to save Elena's life, I need you to help me stop my mother." Replied Elijah cheekily. 

Hiding his anger and fear, Damon gave Elijah a natural smile. "I'm a little embarrassed to admit, but when it comes to killing thousand-year-old resurrected witches, I'm a little rusty." 

Elijah nodded, "Yes, unfortunately, even when killed, my mother doesn't seem to want to stay dead. Not with the spirits of nature at her side." 

Narrowing his eyes, Stefan crossed his arms like a pouty child, "So, what are we supposed to do?" 

"The witches that released my mother, she's drawing her power from their bloodline, that line needs to be broken." Explained Elijah simply. 

"Broken?" 

Nodding, Damon explained further, "Yeah, he means," Then Damon made a slicing motion with his finger that got the point across.

"You want us to kill them." 

Shrugging, Elijah nodded, "You know I'd do it myself, but I have absolutely no idea where they are. Besides, seeing me, they'd immediately know my intent. They won't expect to be harm by the likes of you. In any case, you have until six minutes after nine to find them." 

Taken aback by the precise time restraint, Damon stared at Elijah in shock, "Oh, how super-specific of you,"

"By 9:07, the moon will be full, my mother will have the power she needs to kill me and my family. If you do not stop her before then, Rebekah will kill Elena. So we all have our timeline? I suggest you get started." Elijah turned to walk away before pausing and turning back, "Wait, did you say Europa was missing?" 

"Yeah, don't you have her?" 

The silence was answer enough. The problem was, if the Originals didn't have Europa, then who did? 

"Let me make some calls." With that, Elijah disappeared. 

Once away from the Salvatore's, Elijah pulled his phone out and called Niklaus first. Being the person who left Rebekah, he knew Europa wasn't there. Perhaps she had gotten in contact with Niklaus to apologize again. Even after his short time knowing her, Elijah felt like that was something she would do. 

"Brother, I don't exactly want to speak with you right now," Klaus said over the phone in a tense tone. 

Hands clenching on the phone, Elijah had to keep from reaching through the device and strangling his brother. "The feeling goes both ways Niklaus, unfortunately, I owe someone the courtesy of checking up, is Europa with you?" 

There was a brief pause, "No, she isn't. Should she be?" 

"Actually, she should have been with me, making sure that our link was actually broken, which it isn't. The chocolate was the binding agent, Mother wrote it so that Europa wouldn't overhear. Point being, she wasn't at the house when I came to pick her and Elena up at the agreed time. I was just applying pressure to the Salvatores when they admitted to not having seen her either." 

"And you assumed she was with me? After last night?" Klaus asked incredulously. 

Scoffing, Elijah shoved a hand in his suit pocket, "No, I assumed she would have tried to apologize again, which she would have by now. Something isn't right, perhaps she is with Kol?" 

"Unlikely seeing as Kol is sitting right next to me and is just as shocked as I am. Maybe Mother has her."  Suggested the Hybrid worriedly. Though he would never admit to the worry, he felt his heart pick up speed slightly. 

"Alright, let us not assume the worst, I'll call Rebekah then check her house. Perhaps some clues were left there." With that, Elijah hung up and raced to the Gilbert residence. 

Stepping over the threshold, Elijah noted how silent the place seemed foreboding almost. "Miss Gilbert?" Elijah called, extending his hearing to listen for a heartbeat. He found none. Walking through, he found all of Europa's work stuff was left untouched, and in the garage, the car sat parked and cold engined. 

Moving to the basement, he found a small alcove that seemed to be where she kept track of the finances. Sitting on the desk was a few aged journals and her computer. Elijah moved the mouse, hoping that she - the genius - wouldn't have a password on her desktop.

There was one. 

Of course. 

Thinking, Elijah tried a few combinations getting them wrong before he looked up facts about Europa. 

Europa's namesake was the smallest of the four Galilean moons orbiting Jupiter but was the sixth-largest in the solar system and was the sixth closest to the planet. 

Elijah typed in Jupiter6 and grinned when the computer opened. 

Predictably complex. 

Open on the screen were various tabs. Some of them to bank accounts and bills, others open on multiple personalities disorder. Elijah furrowed his eyebrows. Why would she need to know about that? The next tab was about serial killers and their tendencies. That was when Elijah remembered that she was working on finding the Serial Killer working through the Mystic Falls Council. The final tab was a security system, cameras showing every part of the house. 

Standing up straight, Elijah raced to her room and looked around. 

Europa was paranoid, for whatever reason she thought she or the people who lived with her were in danger from a threat of the human variety. Which was interesting because someone that paranoid that she has the security system linked to her phone doesn't then leave her phone laying on her bed. 

Walking into her closet, Elijah found no sign of struggle or foul play. Moving to the bathroom, Elijah paused and smelled the air. 

Bleach filled his nose. Narrowing his eyes, Elijah looked around and focused his senses on finding what was out of place. 

There was a small crack on the corner of the sink. Leaning in closer, Elijah scanned for any other evidence. 

There was nothing. 

Then the original stopped, his eyes focused on the ground, where a Jupiter charmed necklace laid delicately on the floor. 

Someone had Europa. He needed to get to Niklaus and tell him immediately. 

A/N: So, your girl has been super busy this month but I finally got this written. Not even going to lie, I didn't know what I was going to do for this chapter until today so there's that. Even so, I'm quite happy about how it's turned out. Anyways, I hope you guys have a great day and I'll see you all next time.