Ch.6: Breakdown

(The next morning I woke up I felt a heavy arm wrapped my waist and I started to panic)

“Jess it's just me” Ian said.

(I felt Ian kiss the back of my neck and it was strangely comforting but images of yesterday flashed across my mind and I broke down crying. Ian held me tight)

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have had him here, I knew he’d try something like that, I just couldn’t leave you alone again, I thought I could protect you” Ian said.

(I didn’t say anything I just reflected on my life “I was beaten half my life then sold then almost raped which reminded me of the time my father raped me, what the hell did I do to deserve this” I thought, I wiped my tears and turned in Ian’s arms)

“I would like to take a bath please” I said.

(He looked down at me)

“Sure I’ll run your water” Ian said.

(Ian let me go and got up I waited until he was in the bathroom to let a few more tears spill “I can’t take this anymore; mother why did you have to leave me” I thought. I wiped my tears away and sat up; Ian came back)

“It’s ready, are you going to be ok” Ian asked.

(I nodded and gave him a small fake smile; I got up)

“Yes” I said.

(I went into the bathroom and Ian followed me; I got undressed and got in the warm bath. Ian just stood by the door watching me)

“You don’t have to watch me you know” I said.

(Ian sighed)

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok?” Ian asked.

“I’m going to be ok” I said. (Lying)

(He looked at me skeptically)

“Fine if you need me I’ll be in the other room” Ian said.

(I nodded and he left; I sighed and went under the water, I stayed under until I couldn’t breathe still thinking of all the beatings. Soon I was losing consciousness but before I blacked out I heard the door open and Ian calling my name then everything went black)  

A/N:Thanks for reading, please comment and vote!!