Ch.11: Therapy

~Pic is for when they go out~

(I woke up to a beeping sound and saw Alex looking like he was deep in thought, he had a scar above his eye and a busted lip. Then I looked over to Ian sleeping in the chairs next to my hospital bed, he looked pretty beat up as well)

“Hey, you're ok,” I said. (Weakly)

“I should be saying that to you” Alex said.

(I let out a little laugh, my body hurts)

“How long have I been out and what happened to both of you?” I asked.

“Just for a day, Ian and I found Jackson when we saw you collapse in the woods and let's just say you never have to worry about Jackson ever again,” Alex said.

(Ian started to wake up and came to me and kissed my forehead)

“I’m glad you’re ok,” Ian said.

(A female doctor came in)

“Hi I’m Dr. Stone, when they brought you in you were dehydrated so we gave you an IV bag, now that you are awake we can do more tests, can you gentleman step out into the waiting room” Dr. Stone said.

(Alex and Ian left out the room. I tried sitting up)

“Everything hurts” I said.

“Ok, I can give you painkillers for that, Jessie this may be uncomfortable to answer but I have to ask, would you want a rape kit tested on you” Dr. Stone says. 

“No need he didn’t get a chance to do anything like that to me” I said.

“Are you sure?” Dr. Stone asked.

“I’m sure,” I said.

(She nodded and ran other test for my vital signs)

“You’re physically healthy, I would highly recommend seeing a therapist, the trauma that you’ve been through you shouldn’t keep in” Dr. Stone said.

“I know, it’s not exactly easy to talk about my life but I’ll think about the therapist thank you” I said.

“Ok, well I’ll let the guys know you’re free to go you need to drink more water and get some food in you and I’ll be back to give you pain meds” Dr. Stone said.

(The doctor left out. “Am I really ready to talk to someone about everything?” I thought. Alex and Ian came back in. Alex handed me a sandwich that was wrapped)

“I need my clothes,” I said.

(Ian handed me a bag with clothes and shoes)

“Hey, I have to go but I’m glad you’re ok, either of you can call me whenever you need me, bye” Alex said.

(Alex gave me a quick light hug and left. I ate my sandwich and then Ian helped me out the bed and to the bathroom and I got dressed)

“Are you sure you’re ok,” Ian asked.

“Physically I’ll be ok eventually, mentally not so much I want to see a therapist” I said.

(I came out the bathroom dressed and ready to go) 

“Ok, we can talk more in the car, can you walk?” Ian asked.

“Yea but I need a little help” I said.

(The doctor came back in with the pain meds)

“These will help with the pain. They are 15mgs and will make you sleepy so please only take one and if you have any more problems you can contact me” Dr. Stone said.