Billie Eilish - strobelights

En başından başla

'Guess we're not at Coachella anymore' 

You both join the snaking line of clubbers, all wearing varying shades of black. Luckily you'd both got the memo - Billie was head to toe in a black mesh, chain and cargo pants combination, you chose something minimalist and understated. If anyone does recognise Billie, they don't seem to care, which is a huge relief. 

'This looks insane!! Are you sure we'll get in?' Billie whispers, visibly trying to contain her excitement.

'I mean, if we don't I'll make sure they'll be seeing a headline about rejecting literally the worlds coolest pop icon' you wink. Being a cultural journalist had its perks. Billie rolls her eyes, smirking.

'Yo I grabbed these from the minibar - want one?' Billie pulls two beer cans from underneath her oversized jacket.

'Omg Bill we can't be seen going in with those!'

She shrugs mischievously. 'Got a while to wait out here, may as well have something to warm up'

'Fair enough' You cheers and drink, cautiously watching for bouncers. 

'I missed this Billie...the kind of lawless one' 

'No kidding, me too. Its gonna be fun to be the one in the crowd for once'

It was a rarity that the two of you could be your normal selves in public. The watchful eyes of record labels, security, paparazzi and parental figures were increasingly trying to reign in Billie's naturally unfiltered nature, and it sucked. 

'This just feels so fucking exciting. Like, I feel so much freedom right now. No one's even staring at me and we're outside a fucking nightclub!' she continues.

You laugh. 'Yep, the best thing about this place is strictly no photos and phones allowed - so no fan interruptions tonight.'

She nods with satisfaction.

'Maybe....just don't mention this to Finneas or your parents - I feel like I'm being a super irresponsible influence on you taking you somewhere like this. It's gonna be pretty wild'

She smirks, looking down 'Oh don't worry I never would - trust me, they don't know a lot of shit I've got up to the past few years. They can't keep control my life forever.' She knocks back the rest of the beer before unexpectedly turning to kiss you. Her warm lips melt against yours and the chill of the 1:00am air disappears for a moment.

'Thanks for doing stuff like this with me...I know you're busy too. I swear if I have one more night locked in a hotel room watching the Office again I'm gonna lose it for real'

'Don't worry about it babe, you deserve to let loose for once' you wrap your arm around her shoulders, holding her close you you.

You glance up. 'Hey, we're nearly at the front'

---------