The Hotel

A/N-

        Hello everybody. Sorry it's been awhile, but I'm doing ACT's this year and I'm graduating early so it's kinda been incredibly hectic. Anyways, thanks for being patient. I actually wrote out a bit of it, so the grammar shouldn't be that bad, but if you see anything let me know. (Just don't be a jerk about and I'll love you forever <3). Random fact: I'm personally imagine Lavender having Zoella's voice. Love you guys (I see all you 21 people!) and onto the story!  xx -Lavender

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lavender's Point of View:

        All the horrid nonsense started when I got to work. As usual, I was immaculately dressed. Baby pink Ted Baker dress, signature nude Manolo Blahnik shoes, black men's Saint Laurent work jacket, Harry Winston diamond earrings, bracelet, and necklace, Chanel watch complete with my signature YSL Red Rogue lipstick and Chanel No. 5 perfume. I walked out of my million dollar studio on Park Avenue and got into the tinted black BMW waiting for me, while photographers attempted to take my picture. They were trying to be the first to my entire outfit and it's designers, and to beat the rush for the demand for buying today's coveted ensemble. My driver, Hudson, made small talk, asking about how work was and if everything everyone was doing was up to par. I smiled. He sure did know when a girl needed to be cheered up.        

       An unknown British billionaire had taken it upon himself to buy every nice and respectable hotel in Manhattan up, resulting in thousands of employees out of work due to his changes. That was the last thing my hotel needed. Everyone loved staying at my hotel. I silently hoped that the hotel was too uptown for him. But as I had come to learn, my prayers were far from being answered.

        Hudson dropped me off in front, leaving everyone to greet me. I smiled, happy to be at work, which was really my home. Everyone was on edge but I assured them that no matter what, their jobs would stay intact. I loved all the employees like family. They were like my mothers and fathers and daughters and sons. My own family lived in the Hamptons, but due to work commitments and society events, I rarely saw them. I did my rounds, making sure guests and employees were alright. My fluttered when I heard the voice of a British male speaking to my PA, Sandra.

        “ I need to speak to Ms. Laurent” the man glared at Sandra while he firmly spoke.

        “I’m sorry sir, she is busy” Sandra nervously said. 

        “If you would be so kind as to inform her that the CEO and head of board of this goddamned establishment is here and would like to speak with her, that would be great!” he practically yelled back sarcastically.

         I smoothed my dress and walked up to him. He looked at me. His eyes bore into my soul. And what gorgeous eyes they were. The color of the Aegean Sea, blue and beautiful. His chiseled jaw was locked hard into his face. He looked like he had not shaved for days and had light stubble all over. His suit was tight in all the right places. All in all, he was the one and only person that made my knees weak.

        “Hello, my name is Lavender. What can I do for you today, sir?” I tried to calmly say.

        “There is no time for formalities. I assume you know whom I am. I need to see Ms. Laurent, the owner and daughter of Mr. Damien Laurent, the original owner of the Laurent. Please do not waste time with meaningless chat. This is a matter of utmost importance.” he spoke to me with an articulate accent, as if I was an incompetent child, but it spent a shiver down my spine nonetheless.

        “I’m sorry but formalities are necessary. I have no idea who you are. I am Ms. Laurent. Lavender Laurent. I am the daughter of Damien Laurent. This is my hotel, the Laurent. What is so important that you had to yell at my PA?!” I exclaimed, practically on the verge of throttling the man, wondering who the hell he thought he was.

        Looking shocked, he finally spoke,“I am Wesley Greyson. Your Lavender Laurent? Huh. You're nothing like I imagined. And your PA was being nosy. If you weren’t Ms. Laurent, I would fire you as well for being nosy.”

        “EXCUSE ME. Your everything I imagines. A cocky, ungrateful bastard. And no, Sandra will not be fired. Neither will the rest of my employees nor I for that matter. I don’t know who the hell you think you are, but I’ve hated you since the moment you spoke to Sandra. DON’T YOU DARE SPEAK TO ANYONE HERE LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN.” I shouted, liking Greyson less and less by the second. This man would be the death of me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the side:

- Picture of Lavender Laurent on the side (ignore the dress)

- And for anyone interested I'm listened to Kaskade's UMF Miami 2014 set. Video from his personal Youtube is  on the side and also on Kaskade's soundcloud. I LOVE KASKADE!!! He doesn't have generic beats and his songs make me feel something unlike the stupid bass drops that EDM has, though I do listen to EDM once in a while. And he also puts all his music up for free on his soundcloud and Youtube! My favorite part is when he stands on top of his DJ equipment and feels the music with everyone. If you want me to put some songs and sets that I really like, let me know! 

Disclaimer: These are all my opinions. I was not paid to say any of this by Kaskade, his manager or anyone affiliated with Kaskade. I just think he's awesome (even though he's like 42, married and has 3 kids... is it #awkward that I'm in love with him?)