Surprise Confession and Equally Surprising Proposition

Hello everybody! Hope everything is well with you all! I'm so happy for the recent spring weather! I finally got the chance to go for a run today, which is the first time since I broke my ankle about a year ago, and let's just say I need to be much fitter. Anyways, I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit shorter than my usual length. I apologize in advance, I'm having a bit of writer' block. I wrote this a while ago, so I thought I might as well post it and then get to writing the next chapter. Now without any more of my nonsense chatter, here is the next part. I hope you all like it (:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilian and I promised each other we'd catch up later on this week. The hostess lead us to a beautiful table, telling us Jean requested the table, where we sat down, the hostess giving us the menus. The table was dark brown, wood color with an old French design table cloth. The candles were a deep red and smelled like cranberries. The plates were decoratively designed with a gold fleur de lis in the center, along with red jewels on the edges. I loved it, silently thanking my uncle. It reminded me of my father, making me smile a bit but then I just sighed and started to tear up a bit. Wesley noticed and took my freshly manicured and delicate hand. He looked into my eyes and nodded his head, telling me that I could tell him, if I wanted to. He wasn't going to force me. He was here for me. His hand slowly rose up to my cheek and wiped away my tears. He held my cheek for a while. I could tell he actually cared. He knew I was broken inside. I tried to stop crying and looked at my menu.

"Love, what are you having? The chef's menu looks good. The 2009 Chateau Fountainbleu Champagne sounds excellent, as well." He softly spoke as if he was afraid of me breaking into a million pieces.

"Yes, I think that menu is what I'm having. Oh um, yes. That champagne is excellent." I said trying to cover up that it was also my father's.

My usual waitress, Kara, came to take our order. We made small talk and she told me her son loved the Harry Potter book set that I sent him for his birthday. I smiled, Kara's son was adorable and quite a bookworm. Finally, the champagne came. I tried my best not to cry while I drank it. It smelled of him. It was the physical embodiment of my father. It was all I had left, besides the hotel and it's employees, of him. Wesley held my hand while rubbing circles, to sooth me. He made me feel calm. I was at ease and felt safe with him. This dinner was not what I was expecting and wasn't at all how I thought it was going to go.

"Wesley. I'm going to tell you something. My father's dead." I told him, trying to keep the emotion out of my voice deadpan, but utterly failing.

"Yes. I know. Your father was a good friend of my father's. I'm so sorry, Lavender. I didn't mean anything I said in the hotel. I didn't realize that he had so recently died. My father just told me this afternoon." He said, grabbing my hands with warmth and care. Our food arrived, filet mignon with mushrooms over wild risotto and a burgundy wine reduction, looked amazing. We both ate with one hand and held each other's hand with our opposite hand.

"It's alright. I just. I just. I-I-I everything reminds me of him. And it wasn't that recently. You'd think that after a year, I'd have moved on with my life. But he was all I had. My mother and father got divorced when I was 14 because their arranged marriage wasn't working out. He bought her a house in the Hampton's where she lives now with her own parents, to settle everything out. I haven't seen her since the final signing of the papers. It's been 9 years. My dad brought me to the city to live with him and he told me he was going to build a hotel in Central Park. Everyone thought he was insane. But I believed him. He was my best friend. Never said no to me. For anything. And I loved him. I still love him." I told Wesley, finally happy to tell someone other than Lilian and the staff, who already knew, because they were there.