I think Master was starting to notice though because he started to stop me.

"Can you even repeat what I just said?" Master says suddenly, his voice heavy enough to make me jump.

I keep my eyes down as I look to the page we were on and try to remember the last thing I heard Master say, but nothing came to my mind.

I curl into myself more knowing I deserved punishment for not listening to Master, the trainers said not listening was one of the worst things a slave could do.

"I-I'm sorry M-Master," I say but my voice was too quiet for even me to hear.

Master closes the book and sets it down, putting his arms under my arms and pulling me up so that both my legs were on Master's side. I look down at my fingers, playing with them to avoid Master's eyes as he stares at me quietly, probably deciding how to punish me. 

Master had me for so long but never punished me.

I have done so many wrongs since the day I met Master but Master never punished me, not even one. Which made it even scarier now because I didn't know what Master's punishments would be like, I didn't like punishments and I knew Master's punishments would be worse than any punishments the trainers ever gave me. 

Maybe he would lock me in my room for a week with all the lights off, o-or he might make me stay in the slave quarters with no water. Those were the nice ones I could think of, the bad ones I didn't want to think of cause it hurt just to put it in my mind.

"Kalem," Master calls making me look up to him. I frown a little when I find him looking happy at not mad, another sign that my Master was crazy. "What's on your mind? You've been running with your thoughts all day."

"Nothing," I say quickly, looking away from Master when heat started to rise up my neck.

One of Master's long fingers pushes my chin up, forcing my eyes to meet his. I whimper when I meet his eyes, he didn't look scary or mean, he looked like that new word we learned last week... am..amused. He looked like that and his lips were up in a way that wasn't really a smile but made me hard down there.

"Now I must know what you were thinking of," Master whispers his smile-thingy turning eviler. 

"Master," I whine hoping he'd let me keep it a secret.

"Okay, okay," Master says leaning up to kiss my nose. "If you don't want to tell me, then that's okay. I won't force you to share something that you don't want to.

"Thank you, Master," I say with a sigh before hugging Master. Master hugs me back making my body feel fluffy and nice inside, I sink into Master's arms and sigh again. 

"Comfortable?" Master asks with a soft laugh.

"Yes Master," I say happily, as I wrap my arms around Master's neck to hold tight to him. "Always comfy with Master."

Master doesn't say anything else and I know that he isn't mad. Master was a quiet Master so I knew he was the happiest when he didn't say much. I didn't want to mess up his happy state, so I closed my eyes and let myself fall asleep in Master's arms.

"Best Master in The Entire World," I whisper as I'm pulled into the dreamy place that was sometimes nice and sometimes mean.

I hoped that I'd have a nice dream about Master.

---------

"Kalem," Master calls from behind me, I stop wiping the windows to give Master all my attention. "My supplier is coming today to well... supply me with some materials, will you be fine with someone else in the castle?"