Deep in thought - Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

Well, technically I wasn't lying, hugging does indeed lower stress levels, although that's not why I was doing it.

I can't exactly explain why I did it, I just felt like I had to. A hug seemed to be the perfect choice of action in that situation.

Wait, 'felt like it'? I'm a computer... I shouldn't be able to 'feel' things... right?

I snapped out of my thoughts and paid attention to Y/n. Her stress levels started to lower back down to normal. Good, I was beginning to worry-

JESUS CHRIST! STOP! I CANT WORRY! I'm a computer! But then again, I am a supercomputer, so maybe emotions were an early update for the new Squips? I want to message HQ but if it's not an update, then they might believe I'm defective and shut me off... I definitely don't want to do that... I should definitely check the past updates to see if I'm defective or not... I really don't want to be turned off...

Wait...

'Want'...

What do I want?

To be honest, 'want' is an interesting word for my situation... I'm supposed to fulfill whatever my host/hostess wants, so I shouldn't have my own desires, right?

I shrugged my meta thoughts off and continued to focus on Y/n.

"Are you alright now?" I asked.

Y/n let out a long breath. "Yeah, thank you, Eric, I really needed that." She thought. Y/n slightly lifted her hand and placed in on my arm that was wrapped around her as reassurance.

Her sudden touch caught me off guard. Even though I was a piece of technology, I still had human-like anatomy, so I could feel my computer heart rate pick up. My skin tingled when she touched me. My heart was beating so hard that I thought it would fly out, even though I knew it was physically impossible... I could feel my heart briefly flutter. There were butterflies- no! LIONS, in my chest, but it was a desirable feeling.

Increase in heartbeat? Flutters in my chest? Butterflies?! There has to be something wrong with me... There must be an answer for these 'feelings' and what they mean.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the teacher. "Alright class, start your tests in 3, 2... 1!" She called as everyone grabbed their pencils and began to answer the first question.

"As I said before, I'll just tell you the answers," I informed as I unraveled my arms from Y/n's torso. "Number one is C..."

After about 15 minutes, Y/n was the first one done so she took this time to read the book that she always carried around, while I took this time to research the web to figure out what strange emotions I was feeling.

It's not like I didn't like them, they were actually quite pleasant, like the hole through my electronic heart was finally getting filled up with it's missing piece. But I was still so utterly confused on what I was feeling to the point where I just had to research.

I discreetly pulled open one of my pop-up screens and searched up what I was feeling. After clicking on about 3 links, until I finally found a solid answer.

"A crush?" I muttered to myself.

Y/n snapped her head in my direction "Did you say something?" She asked.