As I walked out of the door, the weight of everything that I did came crashing down even harder than before. Sierra hates my guts, Angelle won't acknowledge my existence, and I don't really understand my feelings right now. 

What did I do? How do I fix this mess, if I can fix this mess?

I wanted to cry, and scream, and sleep. God, did I want to sleep. What I wouldn't give to be in Makayla's position right now. Before I could convince myself to literally curl up in the corner, and pass out, I noticed how quiet it was.

Too quiet. 

Ok, I'm sorry. That sounded like a bad 90's horror movie. But it was! It was too quiet for the situation we were in. There should be screaming, and fighting, or at the very least whispered arguments, but there was nothing. 

I rounded the corner, entering the kitchen, and saw why. As I thought, Sierra and Angelle were both in the kitchen. But they weren't arguing, they weren't talking, they weren't even standing next to each other. 

Angelle was by the kitchen door, finishing up the cans, and Sierra was sitting stubbornly on a chair all the way across the room at the kitchen table, sitting above eight duffle bags. Her position was beyond unapproachable. She was perched on the chair, legs crossed, leaning forward, resting her head on her hand, supported by her elbow, which was resting on her crossed knee. Her face screamed 'don't come near me', and she had a semi-permanent scowl on her face. I haven't seen that since she saw me in a restaurant with another girl.

(Okay, okay, don't get your panties in a twist. It was Mali, and we were waiting on Cal. It was within the first month that Sierra and I were dating, and she hadn't met her yet.)

Oh no, this is what I was afraid of. This is the last thing I wanted. I tried avoiding coming in between these two for as long as I've known them. I know what you're thinking. Yes, I tried to kiss Angelle. I still don't know why I did that. But come on! Give me some credit. 

I always took the backseat. I never got in the middle of them when we went out. I spent time with Angelle, so she wouldn't feel she wasn't my friend. But I didn't spend too much time with her, so that Sierra felt left out, or jealous. For fuck's sake, the reason we started dating in the first place is that I wanted to make friends with Angelle's friends. And now, one mistake and I've fucked everything up.

"Guys, can we please sit and talk this out like adults? The world has gone to shit, we are basically all that we have left. " I said, exasperated, wanting to fix this so we can move on and become closer than ever because that's what always happens in this situation. 

The looks that Angelle and Sierra gave me could've struck me dead if possible. The fury, the hatred, the betrayal. The tension was almost suffocating.

"Talk it out, Luke? Really? How dense can you be? I don't want anything to do with you right now....nor do I want anything to do with you, either, Angelle. Both of you get out of my sight." Sierra said, fury in those usually soft, brown eyes.

"Sierra, why take this out on me?" Angelle said, hurt displayed across her face.

"BECAUSE YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. Luke almost kissed YOU, so yeah, of fucking course, I'm taking out my aggression on you, too."

"Sierra-" I started to say before I was interrupted.

"Luke, shut the fuck up." 

"Now, back to you, my 'best friend'. How long? Hmmm? How long have you been a backstabbing bitch?! I can't believe you!"

"Sierra, please." Angelle practically begged, tears forming in her eyes.

"Don't you dare try to feed me some sob story! You know what? I don't even know why I'm friends with you."