Chapter 8: Fire-boy

~Leo~ (Finally...)

  I wake up and groan. My head is killing me! Despite what people may say, my eyes did not ‘flutter’ open. I had to practically peel them open, like an orange. Once I opened my eyes, I saw a sleeping figure.... Whoa, wait, is that...... “Nico?” I croaked. His head shot up and he looked at me with..... relief? Ok, don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to see that someone is relieved to see me, but what is going on? “Nico, did I die?” I ask, completely freaked out. His brow furrows, “Uh, no, why?” He asks. “Because, and no offense, you’re being nice, and you were worried. 

  Did you hit your head or something?” I ask, moving to get up and check on him. Nico chuckles and gently pushes me back down. “I’m fine, Leo. In fact, I should be asking you that question.” He replies. Okay, now I’m definitely confused. Nico just expressed some form of.... happiness? I’m not entirely sure that it was happiness, more..... contentedness? I don’t know, my head hurts too much to think right now. 

  “Leo?” Nico asks, interrupting my thought process. “Huh? Oh, sorry, zoned out for a moment there. What did you say?” I ask sheepishly. He rolls his eyes. “I asked how you were feeling.” he says exasperatedly. “Oh, uh, little bit of a headache.... Otherwise I think I’m ok.” I replied. He squints at me suspiciously, then finally nods as if believing me. I huff, he didn’t believe me! Oh well. 

  Then Chiron came clopping in. “Oh, Leo! You’re awake. How are you feeling?” Chiron asks. I huff in annoyance again. “You couldn’t have showed up, like, 10 seconds ago?” I ask. Chiron’s brow furrows, “Well, now it’s too late. Except.... Oh, never mind. So, I’m assuming you are ok?” He asks unsure. I roll my eyes and grin. “I’m fine, Chiron. That big and mean chimera ain’t got nothing on the scrawny Latino Elf.” I say. Chiron laughs and, surprisingly, so does Nico. I just grin, happy I could make people laugh still. Then the Drama Queens daughter walks in, and I know I’m in trouble.

~Hephaestus~ 

  I’m talking with Athena about possible architectural designs for Olympus when I feel a pang in my chest. My eyes widen and I cut off the conversation with a rushed apology. Leo!

~Thalia~

  I’m walking by the Big House when I hear..... Laughing? Ugh! Don’t people know they should be quiet so that Leo may heal in peace?! I storm in to see.... Leo! He’s awake! I also see Chiron laughing and Nico chuckling slightly. All with Leo grinning, until he sees me and pales. I smirk, he has good reason to be scared! “Leonardo Valdez! What on earth did you think you were doing?!” I yell. “First, you get hurt then you just put a few band-aids on and work?! How dumb are you?! You could have died!” I break down, sobbing. “I can’t lose anyone else.” I whimper. I’m kneeling on the ground, crying my heart out. I hear feet padding over to me and I look up. It’s Leo, and he gets down on his knees. He then wraps his arms around me in a hug. I return the embrace and bury my face in his chest. It’s...... soothing. Then, Nico comes and wraps his arms around both of us. “Ouch.” Leo mutters. Nico and I snap our heads to look at him, worried. “What’s wrong?” Nico asks, concern laced in his voice. “Oh, nothing much. It’s just.... my arms kinda hurt.” Leo whispers, pain clearly heard in his voice. I look down at his arms to see the bandages have a little bit of blood showing on them. Nico picks Leo up (Much to Leo’s embarrassment) and puts him back on the bed. “You are to stay right there until your arms are healed to the point of full functionality.” Nico says firmly. “But-” Leo starts to protest, but Nico cuts him off. “No, Leo, you need to get better, and the only way to do that is to rest.” Nico looks into Leo’s eyes to drive the point home. Leo sighs in defeat and nods. Thank gods Nico can make Leo listen to reason.

(AN: Ok, so hopefully this will make up for my absence cos' I updated twice in a row!!!! This has 709 words, I think that is an all time high.... that's pathetic....)