Prologue - Movie Night

"Ahhhhhhh" the TV screamed at me as I leaned my head on Aidens shoulder. His scent of masculine deodorant soothed me as we watched a cheesy horror movie. He leant his head on mine, and I felt his brown hair tickle my face slightly. His arm wrapped around me and stroked my arm gently with his fingers and I felt my face heat up. Just his slightest touch always perked me up and made my skin crawl in a good way.

I reached over to the snack bowl to discover that it was empty. I pouted not wanting to leave his embrace but also I really wanted snacks. I thought for a moment, 'maybe I just drag him with me...' I grinned evilly and I pause the movie. I stand and pull him up with me.

"Sol, what are you doing?" He questioned me.

"Your gonna help me make some more popcorn. And open some more lollies." I smiled innocently at him. Dragging him to the kitchen.

"You just don't want to be alone and missing out on the movie right."

I nod, as it's part of the reason, but not all of it. I prepare the popcorn machine and start melting the butter. Aiden began sorting through the piles of snacks we bought to accompany our monthly movie night. Usually two others would join us, our best friends Sebastian and Courtney. Although they ditched us for a date. Courtney knew I liked Aiden and did this intentionally to give us time alone.

I smiled to myself a bit as I was finishing up the popcorn. I felt arms wrap around my waist, and a body press against mine.

"I've put the lollies on the coffee table in the theater. How much longer on the popcorn?"

I felt my face explode in heat. He'd never really done something like this before. "U-um. Almost done..." I stuttered flicking the power off on the machine and pouring the butter on.

I turned around to face him. I stared into his bluey green eyes. They were beautiful. I licked my lips as I glanced at his, then back at his eyes. My breathing grew heavy as we stayed in silence. He slowly inched his face closer and closer to mine until our lips were centimeters away. Until I closed the gap and our lips were pushed against each other. He pushed me against the bench as he moved his lips in sync with mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his began sliding up and down my back, sending shivers all throughout my body. He slipped his tongue into my mouth. Eventually we both pulled away huffing and puffing. That was an intense and electrifying makeout session.

He pulled away and licked his lips. We stayed in silence for a moment.  I saw behind him the fridge was open.

"Aiden, you left the fridge open ya numpty." I smiled quickly changing topic and went to shut the door.

"I didn't tluch the fridge. If anything you left it open." He retorted grabbing the popcorn and putting it in the theater room. "What is going on with your clocks though?" He asked from the other room.

I walked in to see the digital clock spazzing out and the analog clock spinning anti clockwise at a fast pace. "I honestly have no idea" I said taken aback. 'Am I dreaming? First making out with Aiden, now clock shinnaigans? This is too weird to be real.' I thought to myself.

I heard a huge crack and bang come from outside. I quickly ran to the door and opened it to see something tearing through the bricks of the patio. Wind began to suck me in. I tried grabbing the doorframe, but it was too strong. My fingers began to slip as I was being pulled into this black hole in my bricks. Aiden came and got me into a monkey grip as my fingers gave way.

"What's going on Sol!?" He yelled.

"I don't know!" I yelled back.

The pull got stronger and stronger as Aiden began to slip and be pulled in with me. Before I knew it, I was encased in darkness with Aiden holding my hand...