It'll Be Ok

Skylee's POV

I stare as his face goes from a smile to a frown. "hey what's the matter?"
I just close my eyes and suddenly feel warmer. Was he hugging me? I wrap my arms around him and begin to sob into his sweater. He pats me on the back and kept telling me it'll be ok.

He finally let go and there was a big wet spot on his sweatshirt. "Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I say frantically.
"Oh no biggie. I have plenty of these in my car." He gestures to his car next to a truck and trailer, which I assume contains his furniture.

He interrupts my train of thought. "By the way, I'm Elijah."
"I know..." I whisper.
"What was that?" He sticks his hand out to shake mine, smiles and winks. I blush slightly and quietly introduce myself.
" Sooo... are you going to tell me why such a pretty girl is out here in the middle of the night at a ghetto gas station crying?"
I look at him. He seems genuinely concerned.
"I just found out... my parents passed away... like two hours ago and I left my wallet and purse at home and I can't get gas and-" I get cut off by him putting his index finger over my mouth.
"I got this one."
He pulls my car around and pays for my gas. I thank him and apologize profusely, when suddenly he asks, "how old are you?"
I hesitated.
"18"
"You want me to drive you home?" he asked after hesitating.
"Oh no it's okay-"
"I'll bring your car back. You can trust me."