7: Let's Play A Game

"Ain't no way in hell five thousand dollars just got up and walked out this room!" I yelled before throwing a diaper box on the floor. I quickly glanced over in Athena's crib to check and see if she woke up she only shifted in her sleep and cuddled closer to her teddy. She was a hard sleeper.

"This is not happening!" I've been saving up that money for the last year and a half and it was gone just like that!

Without skipping a beat, I took off to my mother's bedroom and barged in without knocking first.

"Ummm....excuse you, lil girl!" My mother yelled angrily while passing Rocko a blunt. They were sitting on the bed watching "Love and Hip Hop".

I ignored her attitude and got straight to it, "Where's my money?" I folded my arms, eyeing both of them for the truth. I was so sick and tired of Rocko and his shit and I was beyond done with my mother and foolishness.

She chuckled, say. "What money, Neveah?"

Rocko exhaled the smoke out his mouth and replied, "Yea...What Money?"

"You know what money I'm talking about! I guess it decided to grow legs and walked out the door?"

"I guess so." Rocko shrugged his shoulders. "We aint got no reason to steal from you?"

"I know you took my money, Rocko!" I was pissed. He was going to sit here and lie in my face. "And you know he took it." I snapped at my mother. "You gon' let this man. Steal from your daughter. I guess so since you already let him get away with raping and impregnating me!"

My mother jumped out the bed and came after me with vengeance. I threw my arm up to block the first hit she tried to lay on my face, she was not about to scratch me up with Mother's Day around the corner. I glimpsed over at Rocko who was just sat there, smoking his blunt, watching the show he caused. He even had the nerve to turned off the TV because we were more entertaining then the bitches on the screen.

"You...will...stop with your lies." My mother stopped hitting me to catch her breath.

"I'm not lying! I have no reason to LIE! You don't want to see the truth!" I fixed myself. My hair was all over the place and my blouse was ripped at the neck.

Freddie just bought me this blouse.

My attention went straight to the baby monitor on her side of the room when I heard Athena crying.

"You don't have proof, Neveah! Get out of here before we put you out! This is your LAST time with me." My mother threatened while pointing out the door.

"You're right I don't have proof." I nodded with a smirk on my face. "My apologies." I closed the door behind me and went back to my room.

They wanna play game...Let's play a game.

    Athena reached for me from the inside her crib, I picked her up and held her tight in my arms. "We're going to get out of here." I whispered in her ear. "I promise even if I have to kill everybody in this house." She eventually calmed down and gave me a smile. She was starting to look more and more like me everyday, but some days I see Rocko and makes me boil but I can never get mad at Athena; she didn't ask to be here but she's here and she's my daughter.

I killed two birds with one stone by preparing a warm bubble bath, I needed to relax and Athena needed to be changed and cleaned up. I played some nice R&B songs and few of Athena's favorites. She splashed and splashed causing a slight mess on the bathroom floor.

"You ready to meet, daddy?" I asked her with smile on my face.

She giggled and replied back with a bigger splash of water.