Langdon

I tried brushing it off by going under the covers but the feeling in my gut just won't leave me alone.

I felt eyes on me I felt someone's presence.

I snapped out of bed holding out my hand in front of me causing who ever it was to fly onto the brick wall.

Not realising who it was my eyes widened.

"Oh my god Tate I'm so sorry!" I rushed to help him get up but he had already gotten up engulfing me in his arms.

"Tate" I cried into his arms.

"Marieta"

——

As we sat on my huge bed both cross legged facing each other I couldn't help but to see the sadness lingering in his brown eyes.

"Have you seen the state of the world?" His voice came out raspy while he lowered his head as I placed my hand on top of his.

"Yes...what type of sick mother fucker wakes up one day and decides to start an apocalypse?"

I heard Satan's laugh in my head realising he's literally listening to everything.

I saw Tate smirk but it soon dropped leaving him with the emotionless expression he adapted to.

"Marieta I need to tell you about Mi-"

I heard Venable knocking on my door.

"Miss Mania please put on your dress and join us in the main hall"
Hearing her walkway I rolled my eyes.

I snapped my head back to Tate placing my hand on his arm.

"Tate please come with me, make yourself invisible to others." I gave him my puppy eyes knowing he won't say no.

"Ugh fine, but only if you let me terrify one of them."

I furrowed my eyes putting out my hand for him to shake.

"Deal, but I'm going to pick who."

"Fine" he shook my hand as a devilish smirk planted on his face.

I got up from my bed still examining it, I didn't understand why they picked me to live, anyone is better than me so why did they have to pick me? Why not my mother? She deserved to live.

I wiped the tear away that fell down my cheek now sliding through the hangers trying to find a beautiful comfortable dress.

They were all gorgeous but one stuck out for me.