Upon entry, I feel an overwhelming sense of dread. This may be the last building I ever set foot in. It may be the last mission I ever carry out and the last place I ever see. After a couple seconds of melancholy, though, my instincts kick in. I know I haven't been at MI6 all this time, but my intention of becoming an agent is still as real as ever.

This is what I really wanted when I joined the service. To stop batshit crazy people like the General and the rest of the 'Salvation' who threaten innocents. I'll follow in my parents footsteps and make them proud. And if I fail, at least I'll be able to see them again. Or at least that's what I hope.

The door to the giant complex shuts behind me and I'm plunged into darkness. Besides the occasional beam of blue or red light peaking out from under a door, nothing serves to illuminate my way. I stand still for a second and take in my surroundings before hearing a crinkle of static in my ear.

"Rosy? Are you there?" Harry's familiar voice speaks into my ear. Although I know he's not with me physically, just having him on the speaker with me does lessen my anxiety a little. Hopefully, if we can stay in touch the whole time, we shouldn't be apart for more than 10 minutes.

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm inside the building. I'm going to start heading to the control room." I tell him, trying to keep my voice strong and unwavering to give him a little peace of mind.

I venture forward now that Harry and I have confirmed our positions. I hope that since I've stolen Sarah and Mac's maps they'll be disoriented for long enough so we might attack them by surprise. I take it as a good sign that neither of them took the same entrance as Harry and I, but it also worries me a little bit. I have no idea where they could be or what they could be doing right now.

Pushing the thoughts of dread from my mind, I carry myself forward. I know I'm supposed to take my first left, then my third right, then I'll ascend a single flight of stairs and turn right again. After that, I'll consult the map to make sure I'm going the right direction.

"Do you see anything?" I whisper, trying to stay as quiet as possible. I know I can't trust anything around here.

"You mean people? No, nothing yet." Harry answers dutifully. He seems on edge, understandably. I hope that he can calm himself enough to get to the control room in time. In fact, I hope I can, too.

"Ok. Let me know if you do." I mumble, hoping beyond hope that he won't need my help for anything. Knowing that he's in trouble and I can't do anything to aid him will be worse than torture. The line is quiet for a few more seconds before Harry speaks again.

"You know what this reminds me of?" He asks, his tone turning preposterously light-hearted for a time like this.

"Reminds you of? What does it remind you of?" I whisper quickly, completely in awe at his willingness to have a casual conversation at a time like this. I guess he's trying to distract himself from our very possible impending doom, but I don't know if that's the best idea.

"That scene in Order of the Phoenix when they're walking through the department of mysteries. You know the one when they're all in the dark." He tells me. I can't believe the actual smile that breaks through my features.

I make my first left and continue down the hallway, counting the doors I pass on the way.

"You can't be serious." I reprimand him, trying to keep my focus although I know Harry's banter will make me feel better.

"What? It's exactly the same."

"Again with the Harry Potter?"

"What else would there be to talk about?" He quips and I sigh. I want to be annoyed, but I'm only endeared. A powerful swell in my heart forms for Harry. I wish he was with me.