Living In My Sister's Shadow [OHSHC]

*Edited*

-DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB-

Name: Harou Fujioka

Age: 16

Gender: male

Blood type: o

Height: 5 foot nothin’

Weight: (Puppet: … he doesn't weigh a lot)

Hair: dark brown and shaggy

Eyes: brown with a red sheen

Favorite subjects: English and art

Favorite foods: sweets, cake

~~

"Haruhi, Harou! Guess what came in the mail!?!" Dad shouted bursting through the front door. My twin sister and I were in the kitchen making lunch. Haruhi’s long chocolate brown hair was held back by a pale yellow bandana, and a pink apron was resting on her front. I wore a simple long sleeved black V-neck with gray tight fitting pants. I also had my long dark bangs be held up by a large clip while my black nerd styled glasses rested on the bridge of my nose.

"I don’t know dad, maybe mail?" I spoke in a bored tone.

Dad purses his lip stick coated lips with his hands over them and swings his hips from side to side, "Good guess son! But it’s even better than plain old boring mail! It’s from Ouran!"

"Really dad?" Haruhi asks as she pops her head out of the kitchen door.

"Yup!" he smiled, "I bet it’s an exception letter for the both of you!"

"You know it could say we were rejected." I say breaking my father’s hopeful spirits.

"Harou! How could you say that? Think positive!" I give dad a blank stare as he comes into the kitchen,

"Dad, I hope you realize that’s not really my forte." He slumps his shoulders and decided to latch on to my left arm.

"Harou, think positive!!" I turn my head towards Haruhi to see her head turned away from us as if acting like she doesn’t know Dad and I.

I look back at dad and whimper in fake pain, "Daddy, you’re hurting me… please let go."

"I’m so sorry Harou!! What can I do to make it up to you?!" Dad cried, large wet droplets of salty water shoot like rockets out of his eyes.

"Could you get Haruhi for me?" I asked in a raspy voice.

"Of course!! HARUHI! Your brother wants you!" when I saw dad wasn’t in the room an evil smirk found its way onto my face, and devil horns appeared on my head.

‘Ha, gets him every time.’

Haruhi walks into the kitchen holding our letters, "Here you go." she says handing me a thin envelope.

"Thanks," I muttered carelessly ripping open the letter, only to see the dad was right. I read the letter and I got a scholarship and would be starting school tomorrow. ‘Wow this seems kinda short notice.’ I think to myself, ‘Why couldn’t they just call us so we’d have more time to prepare. All well nothing I can do.’

"Harou," Haruhi said looking at me with her wide eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked

"Your letter said you got accepted correct?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Same."

"That’s nice," I said dropping my letter on the counter, then grabbing the rice balls Haruhi and I just made. I walk out to the main room food in hand then sit down at our low table turning the TV on, before plucking out my hair clip which held up my long bangs.

"Harou," I hear dad call, "You okay?" he asked sitting down across the table form me, a plate of food in front of him. I stare at dad with a dull look on my face,

"Yeah." I said with little emotion

Dad just gave me a pain filled look before Turing his head when Haruhi came walking in, a plate along with a pad of paper in her small hands.

"Haruhi, do you need help?" Dad asked pushing himself off the ground slightly ready to help my younger sister.

"No Dad." she said politely, "I got it."

‘Just like always,’ I think bitterly, ‘you have what I don’t Haruhi… Father’s undying love, friends and all the support you could ever ask for.’ I stare down at my food, slowly picking up the sticky rice taking small bites out of it. ‘Not bad, but I wish it was sweeter…’

After ten minutes of munching on my food, I push myself off of the cushion I was sitting on and walked into the kitchen with my bare plate hanging lazily in my hand. Once my plate was in the sink I walked through the main room passing Dad and Haruhi.

"Night, I’m going to bed." I said softly hoping slightly that they didn’t hear me. Unfortunately, Haruhi did hear me.

She looked at me with her soft eyes and said, "Goodnight Harou." Once hearing his beloved daughter speak Ranka whipped his head towards me then to the clock which said eight thirty.

"Harou, are you sure you’re okay? I mean you never go to bed this early, you usually go to bed at nine or ten."

I avoid my dad’s gaze looking down our small hallway. "Dad, I’m fine. I just want to get up early for tomorrow. I don’t wanna be later for my first day at Ouran."

Dad sent me a kind smile which I ignored, "Harou if you want I can wake you up tomorrow. Then we can have breakfast together."

"No thanks dad." I said coldly, "I’ll just get something to eat on the way to school."

"You sure?" he asked a sad look in his eyes.

I clench both my eyes and mouth shut turning away from Dad and Haruhi, "Yeah, I’m sure." I said, quickly walking to my room, slamming the door shut. I rest my back against the door tilting my head forward causing my bangs to shadow over my eyes. ‘Why don’t you just worry about Haruhi? She’s your little angel, just leave me alone dad. Leave me alone…’ I push off the door and take my shirt off while walking towards my bed, leaving me in my skinny jeans and a tank top. I slip off my jeans and not bother putting proper pajama pants. Flopping down on my bed, my head hits the pillow and my mind slowly begins to shut down.

‘I wonder…’ My hazy mind wandered in thought, ‘Will this school be like my old one or will… Or will I finally get out of my little sister’s over powering shadow?’