A Memory

Kion POV
The only thing I remember is Kopa my brother. He introduced me to my mate and cubs. I didn't expect my mate to a cheetah or my Cubs to be a mix of lion and cheetah as well as a hybrid. I felt a feeling of love for them so I know there still hope I can remember. I was staring out at the kingdom. I feel like I should know it's name but I don't. Fuli walked up to me.
"You Okay Kion".
"Fuli what is this place, Inknow I should remember it but I don't".
"We are in the pridelands" she looked to the right "That rock over there that is pride rock, your family lives".
I hadn't thought about that
"You mean my parents".
She nodded.
"Yup and your sister".
I looked on with a blank expression gazing out at the darkness of land in front of me. I wonder what it is called. I noticed Fuli sitting next to me.
"Kion" she waved her paw in front of my face.
"Oh hey Fuli I didn't see you there".
She looked concerned.
"What do you mean".
"I didn't see you sit down next to me".
"Kion I was already sitting here, we were talking about your family" she said shakily.
"Oh we were talking about Kopa, where did he go anyway". Fuli didn't say anything. She looked down at the ground. I could faintly hear her sobbing which was strange we were in the middle of a conversation about pride rock and the pridelands. She was about to tell me about my parents and sister.
"Fuli are you okay".
"Yeah I am fine" she sobbed.
I lifted her chin with my paw. Tears ran down her face as she looked me in the eyes. Suddenly a memory hit me

Flashback
Hey Kion how was relax training".
"I still don't have the hang of it".
"Don't worry Kion you will learn to relax".
I leaned down and licked her cheek.
"Ooh someone is excited about something".
"Well now that I am better I thought I could make it up to you now"
"Okay sure" she said getting to her feet
"Come on follow me". She walked we me out of the cave. She brushed up against me. The spot I was taking her was deep in the woods. It was a beautiful little place just a few minutes away.
"So were are we going" she said.
"A little just up the way here".
"Ooh have you had time to plan this lover boy" she teased.
"Sure have".
She laughed.
I stopped when we neared it.
"Close your eyes".
"Why" she laughed.
"Well I want it to be a surprise".
"Alright" she closed her eyes and I directed her where to go.
"Just a few more steps and Okay you can open them now".
The pond is beautiful, it was surrounded by honeysuckle flowers and raspberries. There was a view of the evening sunset over the pridelands. I tried incorporate everything she had told me and I knew she smelled like honeysuckle.
"Wow Kion you did all this".
"Yes I put the flowers and berries here and cleared out the view there".
"I see why you were asking those questions".
"I feel horrible about it I feel like I should have known that all ready"
"Don't worry about that Kion I don't know everything about you".
I looked at her
"Well I guess we'll have to talk then" I said.
She laughed.
We went and sat down by the pond.
"I thought you hated water Fuli".
"I hate being in water not around it, A long time ago I learned that sometimes you have to stop take in surroundings so I started watching the water and the..."
She looked up towards the prides.
"Fuli is everything okay".
She didn't respond but tears rolled down her face.
"Fuli"
"I'm sorry Kion I just..." she started to walk away but I stopped her. I placed a paw on her shoulder.
"Fuli what is wrong".
"I just realized I have been to this place before when I was young my parents and I were staying here before they.."
"It's okay Fuli if you don't want to tell me then that's okay I understand".
"No it's fine. My mom and dad weren't traditional cheetahs they love to live together with me but one day they were...were". She froze up deeply crying now. I nuzzled her.
"They were trampled by angry rhinos I have lived alone since and Is why I had a hard time making friends".
"I'm sorry Fuli".
"It's okay Kion you didn't know that".
We sat back down and talked for awhile learning more about each other. She laid right next me.
"Kion how did you find this place".
"I wondered around the oasis and saw it and thought it would look nice".
"Well thank you this has been nice" she said as she nuzzled me.
"I wish everyday could be like this moment, so re...laxed". I realized what I needed to be calm Fuli. Maybe if I try and think of Fuli then I will relax. I nuzzled up closer to Fuli.
"Fuli did I ever ask why did fall for me".
"Oh that's simple you are brave, fearless, and a natural leader what did you like about me Kion".
"You are smart, courageous, your leadership, and you are the most beautiful people in the prides or well currently the oasis".
She blushed.
"Well I guess you are handsome as well". I blushed too no one has ever said that too me.

"Kion are you okay" said Fuli. Her tears were gone.
"I am fine lovey, I am going to go get some sleep" I walked into the cave and laid down.

Fuli POV
Before Kion went to lay down he called me lovey. Lovey is what I call him, maybe something's are coming back to him. Hopefully he doesn't have anymore of those short term memory problems.