Scum and Villany

"Lord Vader, only you would be so bold," Princess Leia Organa said as she stared at the grim mask of Vader.  "When the Senate finds out about this, they'll..."

"The Senate will not help you.  This ship was identified as a ship leaving a battle at Scarif.  You are a spy, a traitor, and part of the Rebel Alliance.  Take her away!" Vader said as Castor and his soldiers led Princess Leia away.  Vader gestured him back.  "Commander, an escape pod was seen plummeting to the surface of the planet below.  Go to Tatooine and locate the pod," Vader asked.

"Give my men a few minutes to gear up and we'll be ready," Castor said as Vader nodded and they went on their errands.

On Tatooine, the twin suns burned in the sky as Imperial Sandtroopers combed the desert.  Castor peered through his visor, hoping to see some metal glimmering in the sun.  He turned to a trooper who slid down a dune.  "Sir, we've found the pod.  It looks like it was empty.  The scans say the last DNA residue was from two months ago," the trooper said.

"Then we're looking for droids.  Spread out! We're looking for disabled droids.  Also, look for Jawas and Tusken Raiders.  They may have them.  My squad and I are going to Mos Eisley.  Report if you find something," Castor shouted as his squad climbed aboard the troop transport.  In transit, he address his second in command.  "Captain, you'll be in charge of license, regristration, and identification checks.  I'll tell the Imperial garrison to send more troops.  I'll be going to the canteena.  If they try to leave, they'll have to have a ship.  We need to find those droids," Castor said as he threw on a canvas robe, covering his chestplate and a hood to cover his helmet, making him appear to be wearing clone armor arms.  As he entered the canteena, he looked around to see a man in a black vest.  Hitting a series of buttons, he modulated his voice so he didn't sound like a clone.  He sat in front of the man and facial recognition identified him as Han Solo, a deserter of the Imperial academy.  He could be arrested, but he wasn't his mission.

Han looked his guest over.  "Look, I'm not one to tell a stranger what to do, but my co-pilot is coming back with our drinks.  And you're in his seat," Han said as Castor felt a heavy weight on his shoulder.  He looked up to see a Wookie.  The Wookie made several grunts and growls.  Castor didn't need to understand a Wookie to understand that he was the co-pilot.  Han grinned.  "Chewie, ease up.  He was just leaving," Han said as Castor got up and checked his HUD for the signal on the tracker he snuck on Han.  Castor could wait.  He wanted action, but he was a predator.  He sat in a corner booth, now able to see the entire room.  He set his feet up and put one pistol on the table to discourage anyone who wished to join him.

Soon, an old man and a young blonde man walked in.  The younger one went to the bar and the older went to Solo and "Chewie".  As the older man went back to the younger, Castor spotted the beginnings of a fight and he reached for his weapon.  But the older man drew a blue lightsaber and sliced of the ruffian's arm off.  Castor ran a quick ID check.  He blinked when it came back, saying the older man was none other than the famed Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.  He, knowing better, put his weapons away and got up and went outside.

Castor held his wrist up as he contacted Vader.  "Lord Vader, I've located the droids.  They are in the possession of Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi," Castor said as he heard nothing from Vader.  For a moment, he thought he had a bad connection and he reset his transmission frequency.

"Commander, keep me informed.  We are at Alderaan, or what's left of it.  The Death Star's full power has been tested with the destruction of a planet.  Kenobi will likely attempt a rescue.  Observe, but do not engage," Vader said.

"Perhaps, I could join them.  If I went with them, I could watch them better.  Plus, mind powers are ineffective against me, as I'm sure your aware," Castor said, remembering the strict mental training Vader had put him through.

"Yes.  If even I have difficulty reading your thoughts, then Kenobi cannot.  Go, see if you can join them.  I'll inform your troops to not shoot to kill and create a situation that would build the trust you require," Vader responded as the call ended.

A squad of 501st troopers stopped and looked at Castor, nodding.  Castor went back in and spotted Kenobi.  As he listened in, he overheard Kenobi asking for passage to Alderaan.  Guess it was now or never.

"Excuse me sir, but I heard something about 'avoiding Imperials'.  I'm an expert at it.  I've got the knowledge to mode your ship to have no signal.  It would be as if it weren't there.  And, I'm quite cheap," Castor said as he noticed Han was annoyed yet Kenobi seemed interested.

"Yes, I'd appreciate your help, Mister..." Kenobi asked.

"Zek.  Zek Ordo.  I'm a bounty hunter with a bit of a liking to the drama and rush of smuggling.  If you'll show to this ship, then I'll get to work," Castor said as Han grudgingly led Castor to his ship, the Millennium Falcon.

Castor was in the engine room working his end of the deal.  Sadly, he couldn't hear what was said in the cockpit.  But he soon got word from Han that they arrived at Alderaan space.  As he entered the cockpit, he saw nothing but dust and asteroids.

Kenobi looked out and pointed at a colossal metal sphere.  "That's no moon."

Castor pointed at a white slit on the equator.  "That is probably a hanger," he said as a hum was heard.

Han started hitting switches left and right.  "They spotted us.  I thought they couldn't see us?" Han said as Castor had to think quickly.  He saw a TIE Fighter squadron flying nearby.

"They probably saw us.  It's not a stealth field," Castor said as the freighter was tractor beamed into the hanger.  Everyone hid in smuggler holds.  As Castor hid in his, he sent a transmission signal to Vader.

Vader sent a squad of troopers to the hanger.  The squad boarded and went to where Castor was, gesturing them to not make noise as he left with them.  As he exited the freighter, he ditched his canvas disguise.  He went to the bridge, looking for Vader.  He found him walking briskly towards the hanger.

"Commander, I assume the Kenobi and the droids are aboard?" Vader asked.

"Yes.  They're likely to have left the ship by now, but we've got them.  If I might ask, what's special about Kenobi?  If he was going to try something, he would have by now?" Castor asked as Vader stepped closer.

"That is none of your concern.  Meanwhile, secure the station and have every trooper on their guard.  I will face Kenobi myself," Vader said as he practically sprinted towards the hanger.  Castor decided to go do what he was ordered to.

Half an hour later, Vader was wandering the halls of the Death Star till he saw his foe.  Before him was an older man in a brown Jedi robe.  Kenobi drew his lightsaber as Vader continued to advance.  "So, we meet again.  The circle is now complete.  When we last fought, I was but a learner.  Now I am the master," Vader said.

"Only a master of evil, 'Darth'," Kenobi quipped.

As Vader approached the man who ruined his life, forcing him to wear this life preserving suit an the agonizing cybernetics, he remembered that day on Mustafar.  The day he was forged in the planet's molten magma.  Vader swung his lightsaber, nearly hitting the Jedi.  He force pushed Kenobi down a hallway and he kept up the onslaught of staggering attacks.  Finally, Vader punched him into a wall.  He hurled his weapon at Kenobi, barely missing him and then dragged it through the wall, attempting to decapitate him.  Obi-Wan got up and fought Vader, reaching a hanger door.  Force pushing Vader back, he tried to gain the upper hand.  But Vader gracefully stayed upright as he slid backwards, his cape billowing dramatically as he his lightsaber charred a gash in the floor.  He raised his head to see his nemesis show signs of exhaustion.  His revenge had finally come.

Kenobi looked to his right and saw Castor and a squad of stormtroopers.  He also saw Luke Skywalker, son of the Jedi Hero Anakin Skywalker, watching.  He held up his lightsaber as Vander swung, killing the Jedi.  But his robe and lightsaber fell to the floor, empty.