Surprises

A year later,

Vader examined his troops carefully, as this was an important task.  Rebels had been found on Takodana at Maz's Castle.  Rebel leaders.  Vader would spearhead a direct assault, Commander Durk would led an attack from the west, while the Emperor's new special forces would attack from the lake.  Vader looked intently at his commander as he snapped his black armor in place.  Designed to look similar to the Imperial Purge Troopers', this armor was well built and had several streaks of crimson red.  Castor slide his black tinted helmet in place and looked up at Vader, the visor's red tint reflecting in the barracks's lights.  "Commander, are your troops ready to depart?" Vader asked.

"Yes, sir.  I'll run a final check to make sure," Castor said as he slung his gun belt on and slid the pouches on it.  Turning to his men, he coughed.  "Inspection!"

Taking several minutes, Castor walked down the lines of stormtroopers and checke their gear, assured that they were ready.  The troops boarded the shuttles as Castor noticed four soldiers in modified TIE Fighter pilot armor.

Vader turned towards Castor.  "Commander, this is Commander Iden Versio, the leader of Inferno Squad.  Imperial Special Forces.  Commander Versio, I assume you've been briefed by the Emperor on Commander Durk?" Vader asked.

"Yes.  I see why Commander Durk was the first choice for my position.  Quite the service record.  I'm impressed," Commander Versio said.

"Thank you.  Lord Vader, we're ready to deploy," Castor said.

"I will signal you for when you should enter the castle.  It is a tavern, so innocent civilians must be protected.  Understood?" Vader said as both commanders nodded.

On the surface, Vader entered the castle, escorted by a squad of stormtroopers.  While his team asked about the rebels, Castor's team reported the rebels were escaping and were in pursuit.  When they cornered one, he turned and eyed the troopers.

"Set for stun.  Lord Vader wants them alive," Castor said as they raised their weapons.  The rebel reached into his coat and ignighted a green lightsaber.  "Jedi!  Open fire!" Castor shouted as the Jedi hacked through the stormtroopers, finally splashing across Castor's helmet and chestplate.  As he laid there after the Jedi left, he pried the armor up to see his Armorweave bodysuit un-damaged.  He'd have some burns, maybe scars.  But the hybrid fabric saved his life.  Sitting up, he opened a holocom to Vader, armor still smoldering and smoking.

The blue form of Vader appeared.  "Commander, has the Rebels been apprehended?"  He asked.

"No.  We cornered one and we had him.  But he apparently was a Jedi and slaughtered the troops.  I survived only by the Armorweave bodysuit I had made.  He has a tracker on him, but I think you should deal with him.  Requesting medical evac for my troops," Castor said, breathing heavily.

"I will deal with him personally.  Commander, I am relieving you of command of the 501st for now.  You may have three months of medical leave if you wish," Vader finished as he walked up.  He looked around at the wounded or dead stormtroopers and at Castor, who was now leaning against a rock.

"Yes, my Lord.  Thank you," Castor replied as he stood to his feet and headed for the shuttles.

On Vardos, Silena anxiously waited for her husband's return.  They had only been married a month when he had been deployed six months ago.  Now, she receives word he was attacked by a Jedi.  The last thing she wanted was to be having a funeral for her husband she barely had gotten to live with.  As soldiers unloaded from a transport, she looked intently at them, trying to spot her husband.  She saw dozens of troopers from the 501st, all heavily wounded.  Many of them had missing limbs or were being supported by comrades due to leg injuries.  She grew more frantic till she felt a glove hand on her shoulder.  As she turned around, she saw Castor.  A single scar went down his face, neck, and ended somewhere on his chest indicated by his damaged armor.

He hugged her then drew back some.  "Don't worry.  It didn't penetrate due to my Armorweave bodysuit.  Just some burns and a shallow cut that may scar some," Castor said as he looked at his wife.  "Something wrong?"

Silena grabbed her Castor's hand and placed it on her stomach.  She smiled as his eyes grew wider by the moment.  He dropped to a knee and pressed his ear against her.  "Wait...is this what I think it is?" He asked.

Silena nodded.  "I wasn't the only one waiting for you to come home.  You're going to be a father.  A boy," she said, beaming.

Castor sat on the nearest bench.  "When is he due?" He asked, still stunned.

"The doctor thinks it's your clone DNA, but he thinks it'll be about...two or three weeks.  Plus, he's going to grow faster, also due to being part clone.  How long can you stay?"  Silena asked.

"I've got three months.  Plenty of time.  Plus, we never did finish our dinner, so I'll cook tonight," Castor said as he kissed his wife's neck.

"Not here!  Later," Silena said as she popped her husband's arm.

Two weeks went by and Castor and Silena's baby was born.  The kid grew fast, and Castor enjoyed the time he had with him.  Sadly, three months came and Castor returned to Vader, ready for action.  When Castor arrived at the rendezvous coordinates, he saw only a dark colored moon with a massive crater.  TIE Fighters flew out to escort him.  Castor suddenly realized that this was no moon.  Following the fighters, he landed in the hanger and and he exited his shuttle to be met not by Vader, but by Grand Moff Tarkin, the regional governor and one of the Emperor's favorites.

"Commander Durk, I assume your leave was pleasurable?" Tarkin asked, extending his hand.

Castor shook it.  "Yes, it...was.  What is this place?" He asked, looking around its massive hanger and soldiers walking around.

"This is the greatest weapon to be constructed by the Empire, or anyone for that matter.  This is the Death Star," Tarkin said.  "Your shuttle will rendezvous with Lord Vader's Star Destroyer, The Executor.  After that, we have orders to go to the data vault on Scarif.  Apparently, rebels have attacked and are attempting to steal the plans to this station," Tarkin said as the Death Star plotted a course.

"I'll leave immediately," Castor said as he went aboard again and left.

At Scarif, the fleet of the Rebel Alliance fought hard against the superior numbers of the Empire.  Eventually, a transmission was tracked to the Rebel flagship.  Vader turned to Castor, who stood behind him.  "Commander, prepare a boarding party," the Dark Lord asked as he turned to leave, followed by Castor who was making the requested arrangements.

Aboard the Mon Calamari flagship, Rebel soldiers frantically uploaded the stolen Death Star plans to a disk and rushe to the waiting getaway ship.  When they reached it, the airlock door was jammed and the tired to pry it open.  They stopped cold and drew their blasters and aimed at the dark hallway behind them.  A chill, mechanical breathing was heard, followed by a crimson lightsaber blade piercing the darkness.

"OPEN FIRE!" The Rebel captain shouted as Darth Vader slowly advanced down the hall, deflecting blaster shots.  Impaling a soldier, he tossed it aside and threw one against the ceiling and slashed through it, deflecting a spread of blaster fire.  Vader pulled their weapons from their hands and swung.  Just as he was about to take the plans, the Rebel Corellian Corvette unattached from it dock, and sped away.  Vader, filled with fury, turned back as his stormtroopers arrived.  When he was on board his Star Destroyer, he gave the order to pursue with all speed.