Twist and Shout

(!!Just in case anybody didn't know what Fag meant, it's just another name for a cigarette!!)

The next day

Paul's alarm goes off around 6:30 which gives him about 30 minutes to get to school. He throws his blanket off of his body and gets ready for the day. He walks downstairs and makes himself some tea. His da' already left for work so he just throws his jacket on and walks to school.

{Paul's POV}

Once I can see the school, I see two lads sitting on the steps. John and...someone else. Stu. I roll my eyes and I try to walk past them.

"'Ello Paulie," John says smirking. I hear Stu groan and lightly punch John's arm. I smile slightly and start walking up the steps. Well, until John pulls on my jacket sleeve.

"Come and sit with us, yea?" John says. I just shrug and nod as I sit next to John.

"So...paulie, do you want to skip third period? John asked quietly. I heard Stu scoff and walk into the building.

"Sure. It's my least favorite class anyway." I chuckle. "Alright, I'll see ya then Macca." John stands up and shoots me a quick smile right before the bell rings.

As I'm walking to my locker, I heard a loud pair of footsteps coming from behind me. Out of every bloke in the school, it had to be Stu. He grabbed my shoulder and turned me around quickly. "Listen here Macca, dont go near John and don't speak to him or you'll regret it ok? You don't need to know why, and I don't need my best mate being taken away from me, understand me?" He shot me and evil glare before walking down the hall to his first class.

I shrugged it off and suggested that Stu was being quite a bit over dramatic. I guess I'm not allowed to have a best mate, according to Stu.

Geo and Ringo were apparently sick today, so I didn't see them at school today. I guess I'll see them tomorrow.

*time skip to third period*

I skipped third period to meet John in the hallway were we first met. I turned the corner and saw him sitting down, his back against the wall.

"Hi john." I smiled. He looked up at me and gestured for me to sit next to him, and I did. He pulled out a fag and lit it. We passed it back and forth between each other. I took a long drag and passed it to John.

"So what's up with Stu?" I asked John quietly. "Stu? What's wrong with Stu?" He asked, now curious.

"Well he came up to me and told me that I'm not allowed to be around your or talking to you. Saying something like he wanted you to himself." He looked at me. He raised one eyebrow and just chuckled.

"Don't worry about it paulie. He's like that. He doesn't like a lot of my mates and he's just very protective of me I guess. Hopefully you guys get along someday."

I stared at the ground. "Yeah, me too."

{John's POV}

After talking with Paul, I decided to go to the loo before my fourth hour class started. I walked in and saw Stu combing his hair in the mirror. I walked over to him and he whispered in my ear and said that he wanted to 'talk.'

I shrug and say, 'ok' and then he violently pins me against the wall. "Stu?! What the hell!" I whisper-yell at him.

He doesn't answer. Except he just stares at me and looks me up and down. His lips crash against mine. No, this wasn't a passionate kiss full of love and lust, he was snogging me. Right here in the loo. I shove him off of me and race out of the restroom as I head to my fourth hour class.

I spend the rest of the day just thinking. Thinking about what Stu did to me in the loo. D-did I enjoy it...'no John, you didn't! Your not queer and you never will be! You like girls and only girls. Nothing else' I think to myself. I know I should trust my instincts, but I just can't...and that's when it clicks. I don't want to ruin our friendship if I tell Paul. Will he still be my best mate? Will he accept me? Will he hate me? My mind is racing. After all I do trust him right? Even for the couple of days that I've known him, I trust him with everything I've got. I decide to make the decision.

I need to talk to Paul.

{Paul's POV}

*Time Skip*

After my last class, I decide to wait for John at the steps. I take out a fag and I light it, shielding the hot flame from the cold, winter breeze. The doors open and I see a slightly stressed John walk out and sit next to me. I offer him a fag, but he denies.

I look at his worried expression. "Is everything ok Jo-"

"Can you come over to my house later? I need to talk to you." I look at him, slightly confused. "Yeah, of course Johnny." He looks at me and smiles slightly. 'I hope everything's ok..'  John gives me his address and we say our goodbyes.

I walk home and decide to meet John at his place around 4. "Hey da' can I stop at John's later?" I yell from upstairs.

"Yes but I don't want to see ye coming home at midnight ok James?"

Paul rolls his eyes. He's not a child anymore. "Ok da'! Thanks!"

I look at my clock and it read 4:45. Perfect. I get ready 5 minutes later I start walking to John's. I'm nervous to hear what John is gonna say. I hope it's nothing bad.

I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I hear John calling my name from his porch. I smile and wave at him as I start walking up to his house and he greets me inside.

"Hi Mimi!" I call out. She smiles and greets me. "Hi Paul!"

"Mimi, me and Paul will be upstairs, yea?" John's mimi nods and we start walking upstairs to John's bedroom.

I plop myself onto John's bed and he sits next me, his head drooping. "John what's wrong?"

"If I'm truly your best mate then you will accept me. If not I understand. But what I wanted to tell you was, Paul......" I can feel that he's getting stressed and he starts sweating. "Yes John...?" I ask quietly. John takes a deep breath.

"Paul..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Stay tuned to see what happens next!!! I promise you'll like it just give it a chance 🥺
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I had a little help from my friends (😉) Rogerina_is_god and TobyIsEmo and I really enjoyed writing this chapter! Sorry that it's short but I'll try making them longer and updating once a week! ❤️