Chapter 20: Christmas Gift

We finally got to Nicks house. I was super nervous becuase I didn't know what Debby was ganna say. I know Nick talked to her but I still feel like She's never ganna like me. We walked in and were treated by his imediate family. I've already met them so I just said hi and everything.

"Hey, I'm ganna use the bathroom." I whisperednin Nicks ear. He nodded and I walked upstairs. As I got into the hall and used the bathroom and walked out. As I was walking upstairs to go downstairs. I was looking at all the pictures on the wall. Baby pictures, family pictures and a picture of a man with Nick when he was a baby. I was looking at it for a while trying to figure out who it would be.

(Ima stop y'all real quick. This part is all made up so it ain't like for real so don't get it twisted☺️)

"Carter Mara." I heard a raspy voice behind me say. I jumped. I turned around and seen Debby leaning against the wall and smiling at the picture. I smiled at her and she walked up to me and we both just looked at the picture.

"Carter is Nicks dad and my husband " She Said. I was shocked because this is the first time I'm ever hearing about Nick dad.

"He was a really good man. The most respectful man I've ever met." She said still smiling at the picture.

"He was in the navy for 30 years, right when I had Nick he had to go back to the ship. He was serving for a hear or so and finally was able to come home and meet Nic for the first time but he had to leave the next week. A couple years went by and Nick was now 8 and his father was supposed to come home for his & this birthday but never showed up, I got a cal that night and told me he was shot by the enemie."

When Febby was telling me this I could hear the hurt in her and when she told me about Nicks dad, I heard her start to tear up, which made me tear up.

"I didn't know how to tell Nick, I was heartbroken and in so much pain. I finally was able to explain to Nick the next day and he was anger and sad. He was broken and to see my little boy broken, made me depressed and horrible. The next couple of years were pretty ruff, Nick got some serious anger issues and did bad in school. I didn't know what to do. He then started to start high school and sports and then music and when he met the boys, he was a whole different person." She said wiping away her tears. I smiled and I went for a hug and she actually hugged me.

"I am so so so sorry, for the way I treated you. I was just scared that Nick was ganna get hurt and I never want to see him go through that again. Ever since he met you, I could see the light in him. His smile has never been bigger, so thank you. Thank you so much for making my boy happy." She said smiling super big and making me cry.

"I'm so sorry for your lost and I totally understand why you would be worried about Nick getting hurt. I really love your son and I'm just happy that I have him. Also a now I know why he gets mad quickly." I laughed while wiping my tears. Debby also laughed and wiped her tears. We hugged it out again.

"Come on, lets go eat." She laughed as we both walked downstairs to everyone. I seen Nick and everyone already starting to get food and he looked at me concerned. He quickly walked over to me and his mom.

"What happened?" He asked cupping my cheeks.

"Nick. I'm okay. Everything's okay." I smiled looking at Debby and she returned a smile. We all sat around the table and began to eat breakfast and talked more and Debby asked me a bunch of questions about my life and how I was. I'm really glad that see gave me a shot and opened up to me.

"Hey, I want to let you know that, I wound ever leave you... your mom told me about your dad and I'm so sorry and I will never leave you, Nick." I Said stopping him as we got out of the elevator in the hotel. He smiled so big and kisses me.

He reached out his and I looked at him confused and grabbed it. He pulled me to our hotel room and stopped at the front of the door.

"What's going on?" I laughed nervously. He didn't say anything he just smiled and opened the door. My eyes were amazed. There were lights, a little Christmas tree, gifts! It was a like a winter wonderland but in a hotel room!

"Oh...my gosh! Nick!" I said surprised as I wake din and looked at the fake snow on the ground and all the lights.

"Tessa...you have done nothing but good for me. You made me realize that I could be happy again and not fell lost. I'm just so unbelievably happy I met you, Tess." Nick Said getting down on one knee after his speech. I froze there and watched him reach in his pocket...speechless. I covered my hands with my mouth and started to tear up.

"It would be my honor if I could make you my wife! Tessa? Will you marry me?" He asked very nervous but extremely happy. I just cried and cried and looked at the beautiful ring, he had opened in front of me.

"I-I can't believe this! Nick- I love you so much I-" I Said speechless.

"TESSA! JUST SAY YEA!" He yelled laughing at me.

"YES! YES! I WILL MARRY YOU!" I screamed. He smiled so big and slid the ring on my finger. It was the perfect fit. I jumped on to him and picked me up and hugged me so tight. I kissed him multiple times.
We had dinner, delivered to our room and ate a lot of Christmas snacks and watched Christmas movies, and fell asleep.

December, 26th
6:50am

We just landed back in L.A and I was so excited to be back home, I was excited because I want to tell Shay about the Trip and the ENGAGEMENT! I was so happy the entire flight. Nick and I got an Uber to the boys house.

"Okay, let's just settle in and then get everyone together tonight and tell them about the engagement." I Said trying to keep my excitement down. Nick nodded and agreed. We got our luggage out the car and walked into the house.

"YO! IM GETTING MARRIED!" Nick yelled as he walked in. Everyone cheered and al lthwbboys hugged Nick and me. I looked at nick and laughed because it was honestly so cute how he couldn't wait to tell them.

"YOUR GETTING MARRIED! OH MY GOD!" Shay scremeaed as she jumped up and hugged me.

"LET ME SEE! LET ME SEE!" She said waiting for me to pull out my hand. I pulled it out my hoodie pocket and showed them. Shay took my hand and admired Ik the beautiful jewel.

"Wow! Nick! You done good." She said nodding her head.