Final Selection

Start bij het begin

"Wow... This is so cool..." You cooed, touching the tiny details and features of your mask with your index finger.

"It's called a "warding mask". I've charged it with a spell to protect the both of you from harm."

'Warding mask... How strange yet pretty at the same time...'

***

It was morning when you and Tanjiro prepared for the Final Section. You wore your usual blue cloud-patterned kimono and black pants, tying your hair in a ponytail so it wouldn't get in the way when fighting before picking up your sword.

After you were done, you went into Nezuko's room. Finding Tanjiro by her side, you went and sit beside him and tightly squeeze his hand. The room had a comfortable silence enveloping the air but you decided to break it by saying, "Tan-nii we're going to come back to Ne-chan no matter what, right?"

"Yeah... No matter what happens."

.

.

.

"Don't worry about your sister. I'll take good care of her." Urokodaki reassured.

"Yes! Thank you very much!"

There was a nagging feeling that keeps you unsatisfied, 'Hmm... What is it again?' You were forgetting something and it bothers you.

"We'll be going then, Bye Mr. Urokodaki." Your brother waved goodbye to Urokodaki while you were just standing and not doing anything. This confuses both Tanjiro and Urokodaki, normally in this situation, you would wave back with a happy smile on your face but...

Suddenly, your face lit up then ran towards Urokodaki. Tightly hugging him, this surprises him and it only took a second before he hugs back. He couldn't say it out loud but he treated you like his own daughter, Tanjiro also joined the hug.

"Mr. Urokodaki, I promise to you that we will return! I assure you that! So, please believe in us!" You cheerfully said. Giving him the brightest smile you could ever muster. You couldn't see it but he was smiling behind the mask. "Yes. And I will pray for both of your safe return."

"We'll be going for real this time! Mr. Urokodaki." You both waved goodbye, turning around and sprinting to the distance. You turn around again and said, "Say hello to Sabito and Makomo for me!"

"Huh?" Urokodaki was shocked. "(Y/n), Tanjiro... How do both of you...know the names of those dead children?"

***

Walking through the forest you were fascinated by the trees. 'Wow... It looks like it's glowing...' You touch a leaf that was on some low branch.

"Tan-nii, What is the name of these trees?" You curiously ask.

"Oh, this is a wisteria tree... Well, it's a little unusual because they're supposed to be out for this season."

You saw stairs. Yup. Stairs. Your worst nightmare, 'Ugh... I hate stairs...' You lazily went up the stairs and was falling behind.

"Come on, (Y/N), We're gonna be late if you don't speed up." Tanjiro grabs your hand and drags you behind him.

After some whining and groaning you two we're finally on top. It was surprising that so many came, some were people your ages and others were adults. You held your brother's hand and proceeded to walk around, looking at people and observing them.