(Kenny McCormick) I Am Happy

Start from the beginning

"No, dumbass! He meant (F/n)," Stan told him, pinching the bridge of his nose in disbelief of how stupid Cartman can really be. "Your mom isn't even home!"

"Oh... well, fuck," the chubby boy muttered, his eyes now on me. "That's some bomb drop! How do you feel about that?"

"Kenny," I uttered out once I got over my initial shock.

"You guys are losing, you know," the blonde said, not once trying to look over at me. "(F/n), I'm sorry if this is very awkward for you. We can just pretend I didn't say--"

Without anyone expecting it, I leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. With a round of gasps from each boy, I continued on with the game like I never did a thing, getting back into the groove of the game. "I didn't reject you, idiot," I said with smile grazing my face.

"Did we just witness our two friends confessing to each other?" Kyle muttered dumbfounded at the scene.

"Kyle, Stan, if none of you start playing, you're both going to end up being the losers and have to do any dare we give you," Kenny reminded them with a smirk. Both the boys snatched their controllers and went full force back into the game.

By the end, Kyle ended up being the loser. So, as we dared him to run around the neighborhood stark naked while singing Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up, we all exited Cartman's house to video tape the glorious moment. "So, (F/n), since, ya know, you like me back, we can go on a date sometime?" Kenny asked so casually. It was nice, though, since I wasn't one to like being the center of attention. I nodded my head at him, my smile not once leaving my face.

We intertwined our fingers as we watched the spectacular show. "Sing louder, Jew!" Cartman shouted with a laugh while holding his phone up to capture the scene.

From that day on, Kenny and I had maintained such a magical relationship. Every day I was with the blonde had been remarkable and I was falling for him harder than I ever expected. I had loved him and he had loved me. Other than the fact that Cartman enjoys to tease us about our relationship, everyone was onboard with it.

I was happy... until the summer before our freshman year of high school.

I didn't realize it at first but it wasn't until that summer I started to notice a change. I was coughing a lot more. I weighed about eight pounds lighter than I did a few months ago. There would be times where I had pain in my chest that was unexplainable. I was beginning to get more out of breath whenever I did something somewhat physical with my friends. I had come to my mother about this and she suggested that we should go to the doctors about it.

That's when I found out I had lung cancer.

All at once, my world came crumbling down.

The doctor says I needed to be treated as soon as possible. With a lot of talking with my mother, I decided to go along with it but I'll need to go to Denver since Hell's Pass Hospital doesn't do anything that can help with my condition.

So... only a week before freshman year, I had told my friends that I'll be moving. I didn't have the guts to tell them about my critical condition. If I did, I would probably break down crying. I mean, I did cry when I knew I wouldn't be able to see my friends for I don't know how long. Telling my four friends had been so hard; I hated lying to them. My goodbye to Kenny was the hardest but we had promised that when I come back (I promised I will) that we will be together again like nothing ever happened.

Then, I left for two years.

The process of everything was excruciating. With the support of my parents and keeping up with my friends through calls and Facebook, I was able to cope.