ITTY BITTY FIC #3: Neon Dreams Are For Lovers

"Dreams say what they mean, but they don't say it in daytime language."

- Gail Godwin

"I had a dream last night

"I had a dream last night..."

Which was odd because I don't usually dream but you we're in it so I didn't question it.

Every colour was a hot, neon shade of itself and I could feel each and every one of them. Individually and together. In an ever turning storm.

We we're outside my childhood home, a few feet away from each other. I, on my electric lapis, asphalt driveway, you, on the limeade hued grass. You were dressed like the devil's stylish twin and I told you even though my nerves had clogged my throat. 

You laughed. That was all you did. Laugh. 

But it was the nicest sound I'd heard in a long time, even from this far away. I asked you what you were doing here but when you begin to speak, nothing but red carnations fell out in troves from your mouth to your feet. You acted as if it was normal. As if a garden wasn't sprouting in the depths of your belly and blossoming from your lips. And because you were calm, I was too.

My ears began to ring as I took a step towards you, you didn't move. Your back stayed pressed against the chain link fence that separated my yard from the Jenkins'. 

Two more steps forward and the corners of your mouth have lifted into a small smirk that causes the corners of mine to twitch. 

A few more steps closer and I've reached the border of grass and gravel. I stopped because I knew I shouldn't cross it. I looked down at the line, then back up to you and with a smile you beckoned me forward, arm out stretched, dimple pressed deeply into both cheeks, and I don't give it a second thought. 

My feet carried me closer to you. My eyes locked onto yours and I was lost.

I was lost in the faint smell of summer rain and the feeling of freshly cut grass on bare toes. 

I was lost in the seaweed and sea foam masterpiece that exists in your irises.

I was so lost that I hadn't realized my feet had started to get heavy.

I was so lost I hadn't realized as our hands were about to touch that I had sunken half way into nature's pickled pine carpet.

I was so lost that I hadn't realized I had been swallowed alive by a world of my own making and all you did was watch.

I was so lost that I hadn't realized that I would die for you until I woke up.

A/N: Tried first person POV based on an actual dream I had last night and I have no idea what it means!