Chapter 16: Raid

Beginne am Anfang

Y/n: Listen, my students weren't weak as you can think off. They trained under my supervision so they were stronger and par from The Jaegers. If your still not still convinced, try them and see that I am not lying.

Eurydice: ...

Eurydice summons her Teigu but quickly vanquish it as she saw Esdeath coming towards their location. The Scharfrihter quickly fall in line behind Y/n and greet Esdeath with a quick salutes.

Esdeath: What a pleasant surprise to see you both here in the garden.

Eurydice: Y-yeah, we were just talking some missions and other stuffs, right Sun-bastard?

Y/n: *Sigh* Why are you here Esdeath, i thought you have a mission with your Jaeger's?

Esdeath: Yes, i was..but my team wasn't enough to find my darling so i came here to ask for assistance from you N/n? I know you are in your rest day but...

Y/n: It's fine. We will help.

Esdeath: Thank you N/n.

Eurydice: I-i can help too General Esdeath. *Smile*

Esdeath: I appreciate your concern Eurydice but I only need N/n's assistance and besides, you have a mission to do, right?

Eurydice: Oh geez, I forgot that..Hehe. *Grin*

That evil grin, something bad happens when she does that. Eurydice bids her farewell before left, humming a creepy song. The Silent Führer's instincts tell her that Eurydice's plotting something wicked.

Esdeath: Let's go.

Y/n: okay.

TIMESKIP

Once she gathered her Scharfrihter, Esdeath and her Jaegers head out to the outskirts of the capital to find Tatsumi while me and my team were searching the whole city except for Amelie and Caleb. Y/n gave them an order to watch Eurydice's movements as she felt that she's going to do something bad. That mischievous grin wasn't fading in her mind and that's how she deployed some spies to observe her movements while, she, Milanor and Bishop roamed at the city for about an hour then stopped to the river and rest. As soon as she secured the whole area to prevent some eavesdropping rascals, Y/n explained to them that the boy was not here anymore and unable to be found so i she stop and waste their time here until the sun falls down.

Milanor: So, General. What is your next plan? Now that you're back, will those scoundrels still accept your help or..they will seen you now as their enemy?

Y/n: Spying is only thing that I can do for now and i can't make any move nor visit Night Raid because of Eurydice. As I've heard from her menacing tone earlier, she's suspecting me really bad and that wicked grin of hers..so much intriguing and quite disturbing.

Milanor: Well, if you need any help. Just asked us and we will lend you a hand General Y/n. *Smile*

Y/n: Like I've said, I don't want you to be involved with Night Raid's dirty works.

Milanor: But General..we were only helping you and not them! Please, let us help you!

Y/n: ...

Milanor: And besides, what kind of students are we if we let out mentor face the danger all alone?

Bishop: All of us. Agreed to. Follow you. Even. You took. A. Different path. From. Us.

Y/n: ... so you're making decisions behind my back now? *Glare*

Milanor: A-ah..eh..*Nervously chuckles*

Y/n: Calm down, I'm just amazed that my Scharfrihter were now even more matured and stronger than before.

Milanor: Hehe, of course we trained hard so we don't disgraced our general because of being useless and weak to her. *Grin*

Y/n: Stop this melodramatic nonsense and let's head back at the palace. Maybe Amelie and Caleb found some clues behind that disgusting grin.

Milanor: As you wish, General Y/n.

Y/n and her minions went back to the Palace, it was already sunset but the two didn't return yet. Maybe they were tailing Eurydice by this time so she waited until midnight but still, they didn't return, then later..She did not even take it and put her uniform and went outside. To her surprise, she saw Esdeath standing at the door way.

Y/n: Don't tell me, you've been standing there for a long time?

Esdeath: Not really, I was going to check you before I go to sleep. By the way, where are you going and why are you in your uniform, fully geared?

Y/n: (Checking me?) Amelie and Caleb hasn't return since I deployed them to find that boy. I'm going out to find them.

Esdeath: If they didn't return until sunrise, maybe they were defeated nor killed N/n. Let your other students handled the searched and rescue operation for their fellow classmates.

Y/n doesn't like her tone about her Scharfrihter but she let it slide, the lives of her subordinates were more important than brawling with such nonsense. She slowly turned her back on Esdeath and fixes her cap,

Y/n: As their General and Mentor, it is MY responsibility to train and keep them alive as long as possible so if you don't have anything to say important, I'll be going now, I don't want to lose any of my students again..

For some reason, Esdeath did not stop her. She only watched Y/n walked away until her silhouette vanished from her sight. Even if she didn't see Y/n's expression, she knew that she's practically mad. Esdeath made a shallow sighed and went back to her chambers, thinking of her ways to find Tatsumi and solve Y/n's cold attitude.

Meanwhile,

Y/n went to their camp base and saw Milanor and Bishop. They were on their full gear like her.

Y/n: Let's find them.

Milanor/ Bishop: Yes, General Y/n.

The three headed out from the palace and start their search and rescue operation. The streets are not quite dark because of the luminous Full Moon, this make her a bit nervous. If Amelie and Caleb were caught, Eurydice can kill them without breaking a sweat. They continued the search until they reached the forest. Y/n sense some familiar shadows nearby to their location and alert the two. They went to the location of the shadows and startled as they saw some creepy people encircling Amelie and Caleb. Y/n didn't lay an order as the two quickly drawn their Teigus and kill the enemies.

Amelie: G-General Y/n! Thank goodness you're here!

Y/n: What happened?

Caleb: Its General Eurydice, she's with Dr. Stylish right now. They were going to attack a suspecting Night Raid base located at the forest!

Y/n's eyes widened but keep her calm composure and looked at her Scharfrihter.

Y/n: Milanor, Bishop. Stay here with Amelie and Caleb. I'm going to stop them.

Milanor: W-what? We talked about this earlier, right, we were going to help you General!

Y/n: Now's not the time to bring th-

Amelie: No, we won't let you go in there all by your self General Y/n. Either you like it or not..we were going with you.

Y/n annoyingly sighed, and looked pissed but her Scharfrihter didn't give up to convinced her.

Y/n: If I gave an order, don't think..just obey. And don't do anything rambunctious.

Scharfrihter: Yes, General Y/n.

The General and her Scharfrihter went to the Night Raid's base to help Akame and the others but when they arrived,

The chaos has already begun.