6 | Who Are You?

It was love at first sight.

For two years, Amaryllis tried to get James' attention. It made her happy to spend some of her days just seeing him.

When Iris met James at school and developed the same feeling as her sister for him-

everything fell apart.

"Young Miss, the school you're going to attend will be pretty close to your condo." Luke, my new assistant said.

I looked at his face reflected in the small mirror in front and immediately saw white buildings a.k.a the school.

"That's a great thing to hear," I replied, looking outside the car window with a smirk on.

Yesterday, I moved out from the Bloom residence to my private condominium and made sure no one could enter or leave without my permission.

Of course, being the actually-kind father he was, Abner Bloom gave me one of his trusted assistants to serve me while living alone. The assistant, Luke could do everything I requested. He could cook, drive, clean, and do important jobs.

Putting both hands on the wheel, The old-aged man skillfully parked the car in front of my new school. As he was about to exit the car, I stopped him.

"I can do it myself, Luke. Thank you." I smiled softly and was replied to by Luke with the kind smile he always has, reflected in the mirror.

"I'll pick you up later, Young Miss. Just give me a call."

"Okay." I nodded and exited the door.

On the first day of school, nothing special happened, but still, my appearance made others interested, and took glances from time to time.

I didn't even know why.

Sike.

After a few months of attending school, I could feel myself getting the attention I never wanted. Because I always have perfect scores on tests and nailed every quiz, I was considered a genius even though my knowledge in high school are basically cheats from my past life.

My home school teacher in the past life was actually a friend of my mother, a kind but strict teacher. I was forced to memorize every subject because she would hold sudden tests every day!

Because of it, I was able to finish my high school studies in only two years but oh no!

Do you think that was all?

No!

That woman made me learn about business for some years and it was pretty painful for my brain, but who knew it would help me in this current life?

As months went on, I made some investments here and there with the money Father gave to me. Luke agreed to be a legal representative for my investments without my father knowing, so everything went down pretty well.

Another year had passed since I moved out of my family mansion. The investments I did were profitable so I didn't have to worry about my bank account.

Also, I finished my high school study and graduated. They said I could already study at university based on my knowledge and there was no need for me to waste more years in high school.

Luke couldn't come to my graduation party because Father called him for work. Mother couldn't come either because she said Iris was sick and wanted Mother to take care of her.

"Young Miss, I am truly sorry because I can't pick you up later." Luke's voice was heard from the other line.

"It's fine. Just do what Father told you to do and don't tire yourself out." I said with a caring tone, but on the inside, I was pretty sad.

"Thank you for worrying about me but this old man won't get tired easily. The Young Miss should also go home and rest, you must be tired from the party." Luke joked and ended his sentence with a sweet request.

"Okay. I'll see you soon hehe."

"I will see you soon. Congratulations on graduating, Young Miss." Luke congratulated me.

"Thank you. Bye, Luke."

I ended my call with Luke and looked for a taxi but there was none. It was around nine at night. The party was supposed to end at ten but I was bored there and decided to go home early. I didn't have friends or knew anyone from twelve grade.

I planned on walking all the way home but as I walked away from the school building, someone called out to me from behind.

"Excuse me."

That call- not only just made me freeze but also caused goosebumps all over my skin.

Slowly turning my head over my shoulder.

I saw him.

That attractive voice I heard.

It came out from a handsome man.

I couldn't deny the fact that he was the most handsome guy I'd ever seen.

James was nothing compared to this guy!

But-

"Who are you?" I asked.